Chapter 2: The Dragon

Only stopping long enough for me to grab my bow and arrows. I race after Hiccup. "Wait up!"

~Two hours later~

"Oh, the gods hate me. Some people lose their knife or their mug. No, not me. I manage to lose an ENTIRE DRAGON?!" Hiccup shouts frustratedly.

Placing my hand on his shoulder "We'll find the dragon Hiccup."

"Y/n, look!" my eyes follow in the direction that my brother is pointing in. Continuing he whisper shouts "Get down!". Pulling me down with him.

"Wh-?!" my voice muffled by his hand.

"Is that what I think it is?" he asks me.

We both look from behind the rock. Hiccup comes out of our hiding spot first.

"Oh, wow. I did it. Oh, I did it! This fixes everything! Yes! I have brought down this mighty beast!" Watching as the dragon moves under him, I gasp.

"Whoa!"

"Hiccup please be careful!" I whisper shout. Getting an arrow ready to be shot if anything were to go wrong.

"I'm going to kill you, dragon. I'm gonna cut out your heart and take it to my father. I'm a Viking. I am a VIKING!"

I slowly walk over aiming it at the dragon.

Seeing the frightened eyes of the dragon I can't bring myself to shoot it. Looking over at Hiccup I get the impression that he feels the same.

"I did this." We both say at the same time.

Hiccup takes his knife and starts cutting the ropes. Grabbing my hidden knife, I do the same.

The dragon stirs, throwing both me and Hiccup to the ground. ROARING in our faces it then lopsidedly flies away, leaving both of us unharmed.

I don't try to get up, but I watch as Hiccup stands up and tries to walk. He doesn't get very far before he ends up back on the ground again. That's when I black out.

Reaching our house sometime later we try to sneak in and manage to get about half way up the stairs before Dad notices.

"Hiccup. Y/n." Dad's booming low voice echos in the house.

"Dad! Uh... We have to talk to you, Dad." 

"I need to speak to you too, both of you."

"We've decided that we don't want/I think it's time you two learn/ to fight dragons. What?" We all say at once.

"You guys go first."

"No, no, You go first." Hiccup says trying to act cool about it.

"Alright. You guys get your wish. Dragon Training. You start in the morning."

Both Hiccup and I look at each other shocked.

"Oh, man, we should have gone first! Uh, 'cause we were thinking, you know, we have a surplus of dragon-fighting Vikings, but do we have enough... bread-making Vikings, or small home repair Vikings--?"

"You guys will need these." Dad says handing us both an axe.

"But we don't want to fight dragons." I insist.

"Come on. Yes, you guys do."

"Rephrase: Dad, We CAN'T kill dragons." Trying to get our dad to understand.

"But you WILL kill dragons."

"No, I'm really very extra sure that we won't." Hiccup states

"It's time, Hiccup and Y/n."

"Can YOU not hear us?!"

"This is serious, kids! When you carry these axes, you carry all of us with you. Which means you walk like us. You talk like us. No more of... this."

"You just gestured to all of us!" Hiccup and I shout at the same time.

"Deal?"

"This conversation is feeling very one-sided."

"DEAL?!"

"Deal." Hiccup reluctantly reply.

"Y/n?!"

I roll my eyes "Deal."

"Good. Train hard. I'll be back. Probably."

"And we'll be here. Maybe." my brother says watching him leaving once again.

My eyes begin to fill with tears. Does he really want me to be orphaned again? Just then I feel two arms wrap around me. "It's going to be ok Y/n. I'll always be here for you." 

"Thank you, Hiccup. I'm so glad to call you my brother." I whisper.

"And I'm glad to call you my sister."

---------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Sorry for the long wait! But here is Chapter 2 updated!