Chapter 10: Test Flight

(Your POV)

"Okay guys we're gonna take this nice and slow." Hiccup says as he starts to practice changing the tail fin positions. "Here we go. Here we go..." I grip the saddle as tight as I can with my uninjured hand. "Position three, no, four. Alright, it's go time. It's go time." He says excitedly.

"Come on, buddy, come on buddy!" I shout my encouragement.

I hear the tail fin change position as Hiccup yells happily, "Yes, it worked!"

"Oh no!" I say right as we accidently hit one of the sea stacks.

"Sorry!"

Flying into another one Hiccup apologizes again, "That was my fault."

Toothless then hits him with his ear.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm on it. Position four, uh, three. Yeah! Go baby! Yes! Oh, this is amazing! The wind in my..." my brother responds. The wind then blows the cheat sheet out of his hand, "... CHEAT SHEET! STOP!!"

"I've got it!" I shout while trying to reach for the cheat sheet. My safety cord unhooks from the saddle. Free falling, I start screaming, "HICCUP! HELP ME!"

"Y/n hold on! I'm coming!"

Feeling myself getting farther away from them I start panicking a bit. "NOOOOOO!!! Oh, gosh! Oh, no!"

"Alright! You gotta kind angle yourself!" Hiccup instructs me.

Finally reattaching I quickly hand him the cheat sheet. Moments later we are smoothly swerving through the rocks.

"YEEAHHH!" we shout once we get out of the sea stacks.

Toothless shoots a plasma blast to show his excitement. "Ah, come on!" Hiccup says slightly annoyed.

(Hiccup's POV)

After our flight we take a break on one of the sea stacks. Toothless offers me a regurgitated fish head which I decline.

I watch as a flock of Terrible Terrors then try to steal the fish and Toothless tries to chase them away. One of the little guys tries to fight him over the fish and loses. It tried to attack, only to be blasted in the mouth by Toothless, causing it to briefly inflate.

"Not so fireproof on the inside, are you?" I ask.

"There you go." Y/n gives the Terrible Terror a fish which it swallows whole.

"Everything we know about you guys is wrong..." I say observing the little dragon curl up next to my sister and I.

(3rd Person POV)

[Hiccup and Y/n are at their little spot in the forge.]

Hiccup: [sketching Toothless] "Dad! You're back! Gobber's not here, so..."

Stoick: "I know. I came looking for you two."

Y/n: "You did?"

Stoick: "You two have been keeping secrets."

Hiccup: "We... have?"

Stoick: "Just how long did you think you guys could hide it from me?"

Y/n: "I don't know what you're..."

Stoick: "Nothing happens on this island without me hearing about it."

Hiccup: "Oh?"

Stoick: "So. Let's talk about that dragon."

Y/n: "Oh, no. Dad we're so sorry. We were going to tell you. We just didn't know how to—"

[Stoick looks more please than angry]

Hiccup: "You're not... upset?"

Stoick: "What?! I was hoping for this!"

Y/n: "Uh... you were?"

Stoick: "And believe me, it only gets better! Just wait 'till you spill a Nadder's guts for the first time! And mount your first Gronckle head on a spear! WHAT A FEELING! You really had me going there, kids! All those years of the worst Vikings Berk has ever seen! Odin, it was rough! I almost gave up on you both! And all the while, you guys were holding out on me! OH, THOR ALMIGHTY! Ah. With you guys doing so well in the ring, we finally have something to talk about."

Stoick (cont.): "Oh, I... brought you guys something. To keep you safe in the ring."

[Stoick holds up two Viking helmets and gives Hiccup and Y/n one of them.]

Hiccup: [Sincerely] "Wow. Thanks."

Y/n: "Thank you."

Stoick: "Your mothers would've wanted you to have it. Each one is from half of your mother's breast plate.

Stoick (cont.): "Wear it proudly. You guys deserve it. You've both held up your end of the deal."

Hiccup: "We should really get to bed."

Y/n: "Yep. I'm tired."

Stoick: Okay. Good talk. See you two back at the house. We should do this again."

Hiccup: "Thanks for stopping by."

Stoick: "Glad I stopped by, I hope you guys uh, like the hats."

Y/n: "And for the... the breast hats."

Stoick: Well, uh... good night.

________________

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading/voting/commenting on this story. It means a lot to me. Especially since this is my first try doing a fanfiction story for this long.