Chapter 5: Dragon Training Gone Wrong... Again

So, all of us Viking teens are in this so-called 'maze' that Gobber put together. The goal is trying to avoid the Deadly Nadder. Hiccup is asking Gobber questions. Well... at least he's trying to anyways.

I on the other hand am not supposed to be in here, but me being one of the most stubborn Vikings there are... you get the picture?

Standing next to Hiccup we both are trying to get more information on the Night Fury.

"You know, I just happened to notice the book had nothing on Night Furies. Is there another book? Or a sequel? Maybe a little Night Fury pamphlet?" He says trying to get Gobber to listen.

"WHOA!" Hiccup and I call out dodging as the Nadder fires at us.

"Focus, Hiccup! Y/n! You guys aren't even trying!" Gobber says clearly getting annoyed. Going back to giving out more instructions... "Today is all about ATTACK! Nadders are quick and light on their feet! Your job is to be quicker and lighter!"

"AAAAAH! I'm really beginning to question your teaching methods!" Fishlegs yells.

"Look for its blind spot. Every dragon has one. Find it, hide in it, and strike!" Gobber adds.

Hearing some commotion, I look around one of the walls to see the twins arguing

"Blind spot, yes. Deaf spot? Not so much. Heh, heh, heh." Gobber says as the Nadder fires at the twins.

"Hey Gobber, so how would one sneak up on a Night Fury?" I ask.

"No one's ever met one and lived to tell the tale." He says thoughtfully. Snapping his fingers, he firmly adds "NOW, GET IN THERE!"

"We know, we know, but hypothetically—"

"Y/n! Hiccup! Get down!" Looking over I see Astrid looking at us. Getting down like she said I see that the nadder is near.

From my hiding spot I hear the walls start falling. I've got to get out of here! And quick! Turning to run I see one of the walls falling in my direction. Thank goodness I was near the arena wall. Sliding quickly towards the arena I ducked cover my head and shut my eyes closed. Waiting for the impact of the wall... I feel nothing. Cautiously I open my eyes. Darkness everywhere.

Holding my injured hand against my chest I use my good hand to feel my surroundings. The cold floor and wall of the arena and then the hard ruff wood of the maze wall. I can feel like I'm in a triangular space. Pushing myself against the wall I try moving it. It doesn't budge. "Well that's great." I mutter to myself. "Of course, me of all people have to get stuck in here."

_______________________________

Author's Note July 29, 2021

Hi! I'm back with another Update. Hope you enjoyed reading it.