Chapter 9: New Tricks

(Your POV)

Yesterday Hiccup put the Deadly Nadder to sleep just like we did with Toothless. It was so fun watching everyone's reaction to that!

Today will be interesting. I wasn't able to go with Hiccup to the cove this morning, because I had to go back to Gothi's to get my hand checked out again. She seems to think it getting better.

Standing next to my brother Gobber announces "Meet the Terrible Terror."

We all watch as the cage door opens revealing a very small dragon. Most of the teens start laughing at it.

"Ha! That's like the size of my—" Tuffnut gets cut off as the dragon grabs for his nose. "AH! GET IT OFF! OH, I'M HURT! I AM VERY MUCH HURT!"

Giggling at Tuffnut's reaction. A light appears on his face distracting the little dragon. The Terrible Terror follows the light back into the enclosure.

I hear Tuffnut whisper in the back "Wow, he's better that YOU ever were." Guessing by the noise following that remark I know he wasn't referring to me.

Once training is done, I follow Hiccup to go get our harnesses that we had made the day before.

In the woods on the way to the cove, Astrid almost caught us.

(Hiccup's POV)

Now that we've both got our harnesses on Y/n and I hook them onto the saddle. While practicing the new tail positions the rope breaks sending all three of us back.

"Oh, great." Y/n mutters.

Sighing realizing that I can't unhook my harness either. "Well, I guess we've got to go back to the forge to fix this."

"Well this'll be interesting."

Wasting no extra time, we sneak back to the forge.

"Hiccup. Y/n." I hear one of the Vikings on night watch say.

Once in the forge I start looking for the right tool.

"Hiccup? Y/n? Are you two in there?"

"Astrid. Hey! Hi, Astrid. Hi, Astrid. Hi, Astrid." I say awkwardly stepping out cautiously. Making sure she can't see Toothless.

Folding her hands, she states "I normally don't care what people do, but you're acting weird. Well, weirder."

Getting pulled back through the swinging doors Y/n and I hope onto Toothless and speedily fly away.

Once we are far enough away from the village, I hear Y/n whisper, "That was a close call. A very close call."

________________________________

Author's Note:

Another short one I know, but I'm hoping that the next one will be a longer one. Also I am going to be a bit busy the next couple of days so there probably won't be any updates until Monday.

My answer to the question: "Who is your favorite character from HTTYD? and why?"...

My favorite character is Hiccup, because I feel like we have a lot in common.