Chapter 10

Chapter 10
.

.

.

.

Jackson's POV

Carefully passing an oncoming car, I hopped over into the other lane while quickly glancing over at a sleeping Scarlett as she used her hands to cushion her head against the seat. The wise words of my mother kept repeating themselves in my head as I continued to drive pass cars until I pulled onto the road that Ruby advised me to look for. Slowly pulling down the street, I re- thought my decisions as I looked for the small house in particular that this crazed woman told me to look for since that thug added in her two cents, yelling through the receiver that I wasn't worthy of knowing of their exact location and that I'd have to find it myself like a big boy.

How old did she think I was? I am a fucking 26 year old man running a company under a family friend. Something that not all Sampson men do. I guess you can say that pissed my dad off.

Sighing, I turned my attention back to all the familiar looking houses. I promise you on my life, each house looked the same with the roof color, paint color, driveway, and even the cars that sat in the driveway. This was getting too creepy. Quickly pulling over in front of a small house with a large dark truck parked on the side of the road, I cut the engine before stepping out of my truck.

Hopefully, I don't have to deal with that thug again.

Scarlett's POV

[~~~]

Glancing around at the packed courtroom, I frowned at the ruckus that these beings were making as the other lawyer quickly stood up with beads of sweat coating the glare of his bald head. I wished that all these damned people would sit down and act like adults, but I knew that would never happen especially in a dream like this.

"Irrelevant!!" A short plump man shouted as the courtroom turned into a bedlam of disaster. It was like everything that came out of his mouth was something irrelevant, since we're using big words now.

"Silence in the court! Let Miss Scarlett explain!" The tired judge shouted back, beating his gravel on the podium as a few murmurs echoed through the court in place of the earlier shouting.

"Thank you, now like I was saying, there is no need for you all to actually eat Mister Marshmallow man. He is indeed fluffy, but he's also a person." I stated while pointing towards my client who remained seated next to me with a nervous look upon his face. What could I say?

That, set the courtroom into a bedlam again.

"Scarlett!! I've come for you." A familiar male's voice shouted as the courtroom doors swung open, revealing a handsome devil. Of all places, he just had to be here too?

Jackson.

The crowd quieted down before parting to let him through as all eyes were focused on us while my client quietly eased off into the background while they were distracted.

"Wha-"

He pulled me into his arms, staring at me passionately with love in his eyes. Was this normal? Was any of this normal at all?!

"I love you." He whispered, just before his lips made contact with mines.

[~~~]

"Wake up, Scarlett." He whispered while leaning closer as I went in for another kiss.

"Oh!" I quickly opened my eyes to only see the crimson red face of Jackson. "What's wrong?" I asked, finally noticing that he was standing outside of the passenger's door, staring down at me. Than it finally hit me when I noticed how close we were.

"It was nothing, your dress." He mumbled as I straightened up my dress before glancing up at him.

"So where are we?" I asked, looking around as he stared at me oddly with a small smile on his face.

"Your old house."

"You sure are quiet, Mister." I pouted as he started laughing before gently moving a strand of my hair away from my face. "W-What?" I stuttered, blushing fiercely.

"It's just...you're be-"

"Get your fucking hands off my bitch!" An all too familiar male's voice shouted as the sound of a door hitting a wall echoed after it. Jackson quickly turned around in his place only to be met by a fist to the jaw.

"Stop it, Andrew!!" I shouted, staring at the muscular hunk that stood before us. Andrew was about the same height as Jackson with a head full of dark brown hair and eyes as brown as dark chocolate.

"What the fuck are you doing with this rat?! You belong to me!" Andrew shouted as I got out of Jackson's truck before quickly slamming the door behind me as I made my way towards him cautious that I was carrying precious cargo. Something that I once had before from two relationships that went South.

"I don't belong to you! I never did! You were something of the past and that's all you're ever going to be!" I shouted, face to face as he brought his hand up.

"A woman should learn her place." He growled, about to hit me as Jackson grasped his wrist in a tight hold before glaring down at him.

"No man should put his hands on a woman." Jackson grunted as he quickly brought his fist back before it collided with Andrew's cheek as he fell back onto the grass quietly with a thud.

"Are you okay?!" I asked, quickly examining Jackson's face as he gently grasped my shoulders, staring into my eyes quietly.

"I'm fine, are you okay?" He questioned back, his voice now soft like a whisper. I finally noticed that I was trembling.

"I-I-" I stopped as I broke down into tears, remembering all the memories that I had with Andrew. The bad, the horrible, and the worst.

"Sshh. It's okay, let it all out." Jackson whispered, pulling me to his muscular chest as I continued to cry.

There were mostly no good memories that I had with Andrew. They were all mostly filled with horrible insults and even horrible beatings.

"It's okay. I won't let him near you anymore." Jackson whispered, gently stroking my hair as I continued to cry.

Jackson. This billionaire. He's going to protect me.

But why?

What is it about me that he likes so much?

Is it because I'm having his child?

Or

Is it because he likes me?

After all, he was horrible at first but now he's making a change.

He's actually trying.

Just thinking about that made my heart flutter.

I think I'm starting to like Jackson.

~~~~~
Hello! I don't really add these often but I will today.

What do you all think about this book so far?

Is it confusing?

8/25/16

Thank you all for understanding my current situation and I once again apologize for the lateness and the delay of this chapter. I will try to have the next one up tomorrow but I can not promise that.

Thank you again and enjoy!~

Slightly not edited.

Andrea~

P.S. A character can like another character without the strong emotion of love being near. Just a little tip.