Chapter 19

Chapter 19

.

.

.

.

.

As Martin helped us out of the limo, the five faces of her children greeted us. The first that I spotted were Mary and Anna. I didn't know who the other three were, but they stared at me for a good minute.

"Welcome, mother." They all greeted while bowing.

"Children, we'll have my new daughter staying with us for awhile. Please treat Scarlett with respect or else you'll be hearing from me." She growled as they each nodded before Anna broke their formation and ran up and hugged me.

"My bestie is staying with us!" She shrieked as I smiled and hugged her back. "We can have so much fun together." She whispered as I gently rubbed down her short brown hair.

"Now stop pestering this beautiful young lady, Anna. Welcome to our home, Miss." The tallest guy greeted while bowing.

"Gabriel?" I asked as he stood up straight before smiling.

"Yes, ma'am. If you need anything, just call me, beautiful." He whispered while gently pecking my hand as I blushed.

"O-Okay," I mumbled as Mary stood back, glaring daggers at me.

"Why is this peasant staying with us?" She asked as everybody turned to her in surprise. She looked dangerous with her arms crossed against her chest.

"Marianna Elizabeth Sampson! How dare you speak down to my new daughter! Apologize now!" Mrs. Sampson shouted, apparently angered.

"No, ma'am. Let Mary speak. I'd love to hear what she has to say." I smirked as everybody turned to me with shock clearly on their faces.

"Well, peasant. You ruined everything! You're nothing but a weak little shit who wants money! Why don't you just go stand on a corner?!!" She shouted as the large glass doors opened up from behind them.

"I'm sorry for my daughter's behavior Miss Cammington. I've heard so much about you from your grandfather." An older man smiled while walking down the stairs, towards me.

"Father, why are you apologizing to this peasant?!!" Mary shouted as he stopped by her side before turning towards her.

"You've never heard of her, have you? You're just mad because your so called best friend is not going to be part of this family. If you had the time to pay attention, then you'd know that this young lady isn't a peasant. Would you like to explain to them all?" The man asked while turning and looking at me with his mahogany brown eyes.

"I guess I can't hide it any longer. You see, my grandparents are wealthy. I'm not poor. I just choose not to take up the title of being a rich person. Same with my sisters. They're some kind individuals who decided to take care of us during the rough times when our parents couldn't help us." I shrugged as that left Mary speechless. "Now, do you still insist on calling me a weak little shit or a peasant because I am neither. I'm with your brother because I've found myself loving him and everything about him. But I don't think that you'd understand true love behind that poor little heart of yours. And never in my life have I once stood on a corner in skin tight clothes, begging for money. I have confidence in myself. I won't smile in your face and pretend to be your friend because of who you are." I explained while walking past her.

"Now, let's go watch tv!!" Anna cheered while holding onto my arm as we walked up the stairs and into the house.

"What are we going to watch though?" I asked while staring at her confused.

"The Croods!!!" She shouted while sitting me down on the large sofa as she searched through the extensive DVD collection. "I can tell from your personality that you like cartoon movies!" She cheered while putting the DVD on before plopping down on the sofa next to me.

"You are right!" I cheered as the movie began to play.

[~~~]

"Wake up...umm...Scarlett." Somebody whispered as I slowly opened my eyes before stretching.

"Where am I?" I asked while looking around before spotting a familiar looking face. "It's been awhile, but it's good to see you're doing better," I stated as he looked at me strangely before chuckling.

"It took awhile, but I got there." He whispered as a tight smile made its way onto his face. He looked exactly like Jackson, except he had beautiful ocean blue eyes instead of the natural mahogany brown ones that I am accustomed to seeing.

"I'm sorry." I apologized as he gently shook his head before holding out his hand towards me. I smiled and took it as he gently pulled me up from the couch. From the dark shadows dancing around the burning fireplace, I noticed that it had gotten dark. "Where am I? What time is it?" I questioned while looking around the room. The walls were quilted down in metals and pictures.

"You're in the den, and it's like a quarter till eight." He smiled as I sighed.

"Visiting time is over," I mumbled while sighing.

"You can still call him. He's been waiting for it all day." He stated while handing me his cell phone. "Just bring it to the kitchen when you've finished using it." He added as I gave him the nod.

"Thank you," I whispered while quickly dialing Jackson's number. I had to tell him about my grandparents.