Chapter 14

Chapter 14
.

.

.

Jackson's POV

I quietly entered the house as the shuffling of footsteps from upstairs caught my attention. They were loud and heavy as whoever it was continued to shuffle through things before the objects started falling to the floor with loud thuds that echoed through the house.

Sighing to myself, I quietly made my way up the stairs as the footsteps grew closer, more softer. As I kept trying to listen to the location of this burglar, something caught my attention as I quickly turned around before meeting the gaze of the so called burglar. He looked at me cautiously while pulling out a pocket knife as a smile made its way onto his face.

"I'll show you what it's like to get in between a man and his bitch." He growled as he launched towards me.

[~~~]

Scarlett's POV

It had already been twenty minutes since Jackson went back into the house.

What if he got hurt?

What if he got stabbed?

What if the culprit is still in there?

The questions were starting to jumble up in my head to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and rushed into the house. Being pregnant and in this situation was not really a good idea but Jackson was in here.

Stepping over the broken pieces of furniture, I quickly peeked into each room on the first floor.

He wasn't in any.

Slowly walking up the stairs, I listened carefully as the sound of shuffling pierced through the quiet house. The footsteps were loud and heavy as they moved around, surrounded by the sound of objects crashing to the floor.

My heart was beating so fast that I was scared that the person who did this would hear it and probably try to kill me.

As I stepped onto the second floor, the sound of heavy footsteps started to echo down the hall to my right as I stood on the first step, hiding behind the wall.

"Scarlett?" Jackson whispered from my room as I hurried into it, only to see him collapsed on the carpet, holding his side with blood slowly pouring out..

"Jackson!" I quietly whispered while  hurrying to his side as I gently touched his hand, worriedly.

"I'm fine. Call the police." He whispered back, handing me his cellphone as I quickly dialed the number.

"Hello, 911 emergency." The operator answered as I quickly told her about what happened. "Okay ma'am, we're sending over an ambulance and the police. If the culprit is still in the house, go to a safe room and lock the door until help arrives."

"Okay." I mumbled, quickly helping Jackson up and into my bathroom before closing and locking the door.

"Are you okay?" Jackson asked, looking at me worriedly as I shook my head and wiped my eyes that were starting to gloss over.

There was no time for me to cry! I have to help Jackson before he bleeds out. The rational side of me shouted as I nodded in agreement before jumping to action. Without a word, I opened the cabinet below my sink and pulled out a few medical supplies.

"Why would you have those there?" Jackson asked as I ripped open his suit, quickly finding his wound.

"In case any of us got hurt, but it was mostly for Jojo half the time. This will burn." I whispered, pouring some alcohol onto his wound as he grunted. While I let that soak, I drenched a wash cloth in peroxide before giving it to him.

"Thank you." He whispered, gently pushing the cloth against his wound while frowning.

We sat next to each other, quietly listening as the culprit shuffled around in my room.

"Scarlett." Jackson whispered, holding his arm open for me. I quickly hugged up against his good side as he pulled me closer to him. "It'll be okay." He added, gently stroking my hair as I just listened to the rhythm of his heartbeat.

The clicking of a gun brought me from my thoughts as I listened. The footsteps came closer towards the bathroom door as I tightened my grip on Jackson.

"Put your hands in the air!" The familiar female voice shouted, the clicking of a gun sounding out again.

There was silence before a gun went off as a body dropped to the ground loudly.

"Open up." Somebody whispered, knocking on the door as I looked over at Jackson who shook his head. Ignoring his choice, I helped him up before opening the door to reveal the familiar female. She looked at me and smiled before hugging me tightly.

"Jojo."

9/4/16 

Slightly Edited