Character Backstory: Summer

Much like her friends, Summer's been through hell and back. But things didn't start to go downhill until she was pushing 20. She got to grow up with both her parents. Everything for the most part was normal. Prom, early graduation, she had even gotten into her dream college at only 17. She was well on her way to achieving her dreams and becoming a surgeon. Thats when things began falling apart all around her. Lilith disappeared, Liz's parents being murdered, soon after Ashley's parents, and Brinley's. Her friends were losing everything and she felt selfish for pursuing her career, she felt like she was leaving her friends behind in their darkest times. She couldn't help but feel distanced, distracted. But, her friends encouraged her to not give up this once in a lifetime opportunity. So, she continued to work hard, school, work, sleep, and repeat. She had been staying in the dorms to be close to her classes. Though it killed her being away from home, she didn't wanna disappoint the people that meant the most to her. She was invested in her practice, she had always wanted to be a general surgeon. Her mother was a healer, she had always respected how she helped those in need and wanted to do the same. She wanted to learn beyond her healing abilities, to dig deeper, to challenge herself. She had come so far in med school, and couldn't wait to become a doctor. Christmas break was approaching fast, she wanted to stay and study but it had been so long since she had been home to see her parents. She missed last Christmas due to studying and working so she knew there was no way around it, she had to be home for Christmas. She had just talked to her mom on the phone before boarding her flight and they were to meet at the airport when she landed around midnight Christmas eve. She was so happy to be home, to be with her parents again. After her long flight she was beat, her father suggested she take a cat nap on the lengthy drive home so she did just that. She hadn't been asleep for long before she was jerked awake as her mom lost control of the car sending it off the dark back road. They flipped a few times before it had come to a stop completely up side down. Summer tried desperately to get her father to wake up. Tears poured down her face realizing her mother was nowhere in sight, and her father was unresponsive. She cast a spell effectively releasing her from her seat belt sending her body crashing into the glass littered roof of the car. Ignoring her obviously broken arm and leg, she pulls herself out of the car. Rushing to her father's door she managed to unbuckle and remove him from the vehicle. She looked over his still body panicking and freezing as her eyes land on the red and black bruising around his neck...she knew he was gone, but she refused to believe it even after checking for a pulse and finding nothing. She had attempted CPR ineffectively due to her broken arm and even tried healing him with her magic to no avail. She sat there her father's head in her lap, tears falling from her eyes as she squeezed them shut and rested her forehead against her dad's. She was grief stricken, this was meant to be a happy weekend spent with her parents. She sat there trying to gain her composure, she had to look for her mother, she could be alive and in need of help. She dug in her pocket searching for her phone for both a light and to call an ambulance. As she locates it and makes a frantic call she begins dragging herself up onto the side of the car screaming in pain as she exerts her broken appendages, if a witch could heal theirselves she'd have done it just to find her mother, but unfortunatelythats not how it worked. Soon as she had pulled herself up she had lost her balance and fallen back to the ground. Giving up and fully losing her composure once again she breaks down next to her motionless father, sobs racking her chest. After awhile she was beginning to lose hope that help would ever show up. She sat up against the car, no more tears left to cry. She sat there, waiting for either help or death to arrive. At this point she didnt have a preference, she just wanted this to all be over. As she sat there staring off towards the highway she heard deep growling growing more and more near, the sounds of footsteps reaching her ears. She turned her head to come face to face with a gigantic wolf. "Werewolf" she whispered breathlessly. She was truly terrified knowing as she saw the woman behind them looming in the shadows, that they were part of the Emerald Lunar pack and she was either a witch or vampire.

"Oh darling girl, look at you all torn up and broken." The woman spoke in mock pity laughing maliciously.

"You...you did this didn't you?" Summer shook with rage as realization hit her.

"You got me there little one, but...you can either sit here and die alone next to the corpse of your loving father...or come with me and see your mother." The woman demonically growled from the shadows not giving Summer a decent view of who this mysterious woman was.

"You're lying, go fuck yourself you demon hag! This is all your fault! I'd rather die then come with you and be brainwashed into your fucked up cult!" Summer spit back not believing a word from the shadow womans mouth. Summers outburst only caused the woman to evily laugh at her once again.

"Have it your way child, but dont say I didnt offer you a life with your mother." The woman spoke slowly finally stepping into the light, the cars headlights illuminating her face.

Summer gasped in shock, almost completely at a loss for words.

"You....oh my.." was all summer could get out before the woman shot a curse at her, effectively knocking her out. The last thing she saw were the lights of the ambulance coming into view.

As the woman stepped away she avidly whispers "oh child, you wont remember a thing in the morning." Dissapearing with a maniacal laugh.

Summer woke up three days later in the hospital to Ashley, Liz, Lilith, Ranae, and Tielor sitting in her room. She didnt remember anything after getting off the plane. They told her she was in an accident, her mother missing and father dead. She was broken all over again. She quit school and moved back to the mountains of Seattle closer to Ashley and Liz's place, she couldn't be alone after that.