Chapter Twenty-one: House of Wolves

Then it clicked...this was home, this was where they all grew up...

She was home.

£ Liz's POV £

"This is stupid...I'm stupid..why the fuck did I agree to do this?!? Oh right, because I'm fucking insane...and the only one who can pop in and outta here like a ghost, but mostly the insane part..." Liz said aloud as she phased through the main pack house doors, both hyping herself up and psyching herself out at the same time.

"Chill Liz, just find a weakness, some crippling evidence, save the day and get the fuck out of this creepy ass hell hole." She said to no one but herself.

She had entered a rather quiet pack house a few strays and enslaved witches wondering the halls.

"I can't believe they destroyed our childhood home...our people...just to take this place over and turn it into some sort of sick joke of a home base." She nearly growled aloud as she looked around the place that once homed their communities own pack.

She searched for Alpha Kaine's chambers in the hopes of finding something, anything that would help them to turn the tide in the impending battle to come.

She searched the first floor, looking and listening in on the frivolous conversations between pack members. Not finding out anything useful from the childish banter of the wolves she opted to move her search upstairs.

As she reached the foot of the stairs she she looked up and was met with the eyes of a young girl no more than 20 or so years of age seated on the top step, a sad look to her and an underlying fire in her eyes.

The girls brows furrowed, but Liz thought nothing of it as she took in the girls features. She looked unsettlingly familiar, but Liz just couldn't place from where.

As she studied the girls face for a few moments longer, the girl seemingly staring right back at her. That wasn't possible. No one could see her in this state.

"Are you just going to keep staring at me or are you going to tell me who the hell you are and what the hell you want?" The woman spoke in an irritated tone, yet a subtle look of curiosity on her face.

Liz was frozen in place, unable to think of a response. So instead she looked around for someone, anyone else in her general direction that this chick could be talking to. Coming up empty handed as there was no one else around he eyes widened as she met the girls eyes once more, all she could choke out as a response was a raspy "Fuck me.."

£

Back at the large tree Brinley was tucked away in, she seemed to be having an internal conversation with herself.

(Man I'm bored...its been like 30 minutes since this bitch left me, literally up a tree...shes got to have found something by now right? Do I really have to wait here the whole time or can I just like...wing it and blip us back home..shut up Brin, you're whining and being a debbie downer, and you're most likely insane...who has a whole ass conversation with themselves? Could be worse I could be talking out loud...)

Brinley let out a soft sigh picking at her fingernails, she was truly bored. She also felt as though she had contributed absolutely nothing to their "secret mission" other than being an astral traveling agent.

Lost in thought she almost didnt notice the group of wolves shifting back into human form, making their way toward the pack house.

Their loud conversation snapping her out of her own thoughts.

"So the bitch snapped Greg's neck like it was made of fucking paper?" A mans voice floated up to Brinleys ears immediately gaining her full attention.