12

KING

I was halfway home in India car and my phone started blowing up like crazy. I ignored the first few calls because the numbers where unknown but Lain called me so, I knew something was up.

Me- Hello
Kain- bro you good?
Me- yeah, why?
Kain- Who in the G-Wagon??
Me- India
Kain- Nigga you need to get to the red light on Parkway RIGHT NOW
I did an illegal u-turn and floored the gas.
Me- Whats going on?
Kain- Nigga somebody shot the truck up somebody got hit i'm omw right now
Me- I'm like 30 minutes out but i'll be there in 5
Kain- bet

I hung up and did the dash all the way to Parkway. I pulled up and hopped out. I ran and the police had tape up. I stepped on the scene. "Sir you can't be on this scene." The police officer said.

"I'm the owner of the vehicle, my wife and daughter were in there." I said. She didn't ask any question she led me to my truck. I looked at it and it looked as if someone was aiming directly for the backseat. I'm not gone lie my heart just dropped.

"Sir where is my wife and daughter?" I asked. The man looked at me with pitty.

"They were both rushed to the hospital. Are you the owner of the vehicle? Domani Johnson?" He asked.

"Yes sir." I said. By the looks on his face I don't really want to know what he is about to say next.

"They were taken to, St Patrick's—". Thats all I needed to know before I ran back to the car. I got in and sped to the hospital. I turned the car off and I rushed in. I just realized I don't know her last name.

I ran to the front desk, "My wife and daughter was just rushed here." I said trying to be calm.

"Name?" She said all rude and shit.

"THEY WERE JUST RUSHED HERE YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW THEIR FUCKING NAMES!!" I yelled.

"Sir calm down." She said before looking up. Once she looked up her whole attitude changed. "Oh I'm sorry sir, we just got a Ms. Royale? and a 3 year old which is her daughter i'm guessing."

"That's them, what's going on??" I asked.

"Sir I cant give out that information." She said. I gave her a look and she started talking. "The daughter was hit with a bullet and she's in critical condition, and your wife passed out on the scene with your baby in her arms." She said.

"Room number?" I asked.

"421." She said. "Your daughter was rushed into an emergency surgery to remove the bullet." She said. I haven't even known them that long but I have a heart for Skylar. This shit bothering me bad right now. I sent a message to King letting him know what was going on. I walked in India room and I didn't even wanna look at her. "K-king where my b-baby?" She asked. Her voice was gone. I looked up and she was real red in the face and her eyes were puffy and her face was stained with dried up tears.

"They has to do an emergency surgery, come on India let's pray." I said. I grabbed her hand and bowed my head.

"Dear lord, I know I don't come to you as often as I should but, right now I ask that you wrap your arms around Skylar. Lord I know that you'll never put nothing on us that we can't bear. Lord i'm just praying for a positive outcome I know that the doctors can say one thing but you ALWAYS have the last say so. Lord we're depending on you. In Jesus name Amen."

India just broke down again. I hugged her, "Stop crying ma, she gone be straight. It's in the God hands." I told her.

"I need you to call my people." She said. "Uhh my purse is over there." She pointed. I walked over to get her purse and there was blood on it. I opened it and got her phone out. "My password is S-sk-skylar." She said.