13

KING

Kain drove to our cabin not far from the slaughter house. "You got yo key?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said. I nodded and got out and grabbed my bag. We walked to the door and Kain unlocked the door. I went to the main bathroom and took off my clothes. I looked under the sink and place everything that I had on in a bag. I grabbed a towel and turned on the water. I waited for it to warm up before I changed it to shower mode and got in. I scrubbed myself with Dove body wash as I let the water run down on me. I started to think about Skylar and I started to feel bad. The fact that the man who did this to her is dead made me feel a little bit better but, not much. It just took the weight off of my shoulder that I didn't have to worry about him striking again.

After about 30 minutes passed I got out of the shower and I dried off. I put on my new boxers, a white tee, and some adidas joggers. I put on some socks before I slid my feet and some yeezys that I forgot I bought. I grabbed the bag of clothes and went down to the basement grabbed the bar and opened the big heater. I put the bag on the end of the bar and dropped it into the fire.

I pulled the bar back out of the heater and used it to push the door on the heater closed. I went back upstairs and waited for Kain to do the same thing so we could leave.

Gateman - Mr. Johnson, the feds are here at the gate
Me- tf they want?
Gateman- They have questions
Me- tell them i just left i'm omw back to the hospital..
Gateman- Gotcha!

"The feds at my crib, we gotta go." I said. I tucked Ms. Grey and walked outside and got in the car. Kain came out and got in. He started the car and sped back to the old park. We made it in no time, I got out and grabbed my bag. I clicked the button to open the trunk on my keypad and thew it in there. I hit the unlock button and got in. On my way back to the hospital I stopped at Mcdonald's to get India a daily double, some fries, and an Oreo McFlurry. I pulled up to the drive through and ordered the food.

"Your total is $7.84 at the first window." The girl said. I handed her a 10 dollar bill and eighty-four cent. She handed me back $3 and I threw it in my cup holder and pulled up to the next window. The girl already had my bag sitting in the window. "Aye this shit better be fresh." I said.

"I think it is sir." She said handing me the bag. I opened it and checked the food. The fries wasn't all that fresh you could tell they mixed some old with new.

I mugged her ugly mop head ass. "These fries not, but ian got time tonight." I said snatching the McFlurry from her. I sped off and headed towards the hospital. I drove down the freeway and slowed down as I made it to the exit. I turned on my signal lights and got off. I turned my radio down and focused so these assholes would let me in. I turned down St. Patrick street and pulled up to the hospital parking lot. I realized that I needed to go get India a change of clothes. I smacked my lips and sped off to the nearest Walmart. I grabbed some cash and my keys so I can leave my car running while I run inside. I went to the clothes section and grabbed a pack of medium white Tees, a some sweat pants, and some socks. I went to the self checkout and scanned all of the stuff. I paid for the stuff and walked outside. I clicked the unlock button and got in and drove off. I sped back to the hospital and grabbed the food and the Walmart bag before I walked inside. I went back to the room India was in for tonight and the only person that was still there was Lailani.

"Damn, I should've called." I said. "How you feeling ma?" I asked India.

"I cant complain, i'm just glad my baby alive." She said.

"I bought you some food and some clothes. I was rushing so ian grab no deodorant and shit but I was gone have Lailani to run and get your hygiene stuff." I said.

"It's fine." She said. I handed her the bag of food and the ice cream. She laid it all out on the little table and sat up. She picked over the fries and she didn't touch the burger at all. "Thank you King." She said.

"No problem." I said. "Lailani you can leave and come back tomorrow if you want to. Ima stay up here with her." I told her.

"Okay, I'll be back first thing in the morning." She said. "Indi if you need me call me, I love you." She said hugging her.

"I love you too." India said.

"Bye King, thanks for being here for my bestfriend." Lailani said.

"Meant that." I said. She grabbed her phone and left. I got comfortable in the chair beside the bed.

"King?" India called out.

"Huh?" I answered.

"The nurse said Skylar can have visitors tomorrow ." She said.

"Bet, we can go down there first thing in the morning." I said. She nodded and continued staring at the blank wall. "India you gotta eat or at least drink water so you won't be sick, a patient can't take care of another patient." I said to her.

"I know King." She said.

"Alright." I said.

Lailani

I pulled up to my place and got out of my car. I looked back and I saw Kain pulling in behind me. I rolled my eyes and proceeded to lock my car doors and go in the house. A few minutes later Kain knocked on the door. I opened it and twisted my lips to the side.

"Wassup?" I asked.

"How your niece doing?" He asked.

"She's blessed to be alive." I said.

"Well we got them niggas who did that shit." He said.

"Thanks." I said.

"Damn I know you not about to leave me standing out here." He said. I stepped over and let him in he walked past me and went in the living room. "You hungry?" He asked.

"Yeah, King ugly ass only bought India some food." I said. He pat his pockets for his phone and said, "You want some pizza or some?"

"Sure." I said. This nigga act like pizza the only food on Earth. Everytime we get food it's some pizza. He really got me fucked up but ian gone say too much. He not slick either I know he came over here to fuck again.