14

Omniscient
3 weeks later

Skylar was in a coma a little longer than what the doctors expected and things weren't really going that well. India hasn't ate and she haven't left the hospital since Skylar has been there. She made a little routine, every morning she woke up and prayed over Skylar, she went for a walk, she talked to her, and at night she prayed over her. India rarely slept in hopes of Skylar waking up. It was Tuesday and India was sitting there staring at the wall with Skylar little hands in hers. She thought she was tripping when she felt Skylar fingers move. She instantly pushed the button for the nurse when Skylar eyes opened.

"NURSE!!" She yelled out. India instantly started crying tears of joy. She looked up and said, "Thank you lord! Thank you so much." The nurses instantly ran in the room. Skylar tried to talk but couldn't get anything out. A nurse came with a cup of water and held it to her mouth so she could drink some.

"Hey Skylar." Nurse Bria said. One thing that I can say is that my support system has been strong. Bria and I have grown close overtime she has been coming in and motivating me and I really appreciate her for it. King has been up here everyday, he even stayed a few nights. My dad has been in and out. I can tell that after this all blow over he's going to have a lot to say to me about King and that's fine. I'm grown and at the end of the day I make my own decisions. My grandma has been here every other day but she has called me everyday and Lailani come every evening. Skylar looked around confused her eyes lit up when she saw me. "Mommy." She said. Her voice was still dry and scratchy but I knew what she said.

"My baby." I said. I just broke down and started crying. I got up and hugged her but I was careful. "I love you so much." I said.

"Mommy why you sad?" She asked. I quickly dried my tears.

"Baby these are tears of joy." I said.

"Otaay." She said. Her facial expression went from normal to one that looked like she was in pain. "My head hurt." She said. The doctors left the room I guess to get her some medicine. I mean she's only 3 so it's not a whole lot they can give her. I grabbed my phone and I sent King a text.

Me- She's woke!
King- fr? i'm omw
-
Me- She's woke stw.
Granny- Me and your dad will be there shortly
-
Me- She's up!
Lailani- im about to come up there rn .. can she have visitors??
Me- I think she can y'all jus gotta come in here two at a time
-

"Okay Ms. India, these are our little rules with her. It has to stay dark in here at all times it'll help keep her head from hurting real bad. NO loud noises! Any little thing will trigger her head to hurt. She can't get too excited! and she can have visitors but no babies! I'm thinking only two people at a time to be on the safe side but, we'll see how that go. I know your people are eager to see her, especially her dad." The nurse said. The dad part threw me off but, I just went along with it. I don't care about none of the extra today. I'm just glad my baby is up and okay.

-
King walked in the room with a giant teddy bear, some balloons, and a big bag. Her face lit up when she saw him. "Kinnnnnggg." She said. The nurse stood in the corner and took note of how well she recognized everyone.

"SkySky I missed you little girl." He said.

"Awwn you so niceee, what did you buy me?" Skylar asked.

"I got you some balloons, a bear, some lil juices, an outfit, some shoes, a lil glam set, and a few toys." He said. He pulled all of the stuff out of the bag and let her hold them. Skylar smiled from ear to ear.