26: The Party pt. 2

"Welcome to SkyLand! Let's make my baby day special. She is the big 4 let's turn her up. Thank you all for coming. Let's play these gamesss!" India said. Everybody went off and did their own thing. King took Skylar on some of the slides and they were all just having the time of their lives. The photographer was capturing every moment. India, Ari, and Tae got on the go karts and raced around the track.

30 minutes later

It was time to take pictures so everyone could sit down and eat together. "Alright, I don't know how this gone work but it's time for pictures. If you got a shirt made come up here and take a picture then y'all can go get in line for food." India said in the mic. Everybody who got shirts made headed to the area where they were taking pictures. After everyone was in place the photographer snapped the picture and they went to get in line. "Alright next group, if you got on white come on." India said. Everybody with white went to the area. The photographer took the picture and India called everyone with pink. After that she called everyone with regular clothes and they were done with pictures. India grandma made her, King, and Skylar plates while they were taking pictures.

"Granny we need a picture with you." India said. "Then after everybody eat the people who want to take a picture with just us or Sky can come up here."

She looked at the time on her watch and it was going on 3. She got the building until 7, but the party gone be over at 6.

Skylar had the biggest smile on her face the whole time. "Mommy this food good." She said.

"It is." India said smiling. "Are you enjoying your party?" She asked.

"Yes, it's so nice and fun." Skylar said.

20 minutes later

"Alright guys, we gone do pictures for those who just want one with the birthday girl." India said. "Then we gotta sing happy birthday, eat desert, and open gifts. After that y'all can do whatever until 6 unless y'all gone stay and help clean up."

Everybody who wanted pictures came up and took them. After everyone was done taking pictures India took Skylar to the back and changed her outfit. "Dang Sky I forgot your shoes." India said.

"It's okay mommy." Skylar said. India smiled and finished getting her dressed. India made sure Skylar was on point before getting ready to walk out.

Out of nowhere shots ranged out and everyone started screaming. Skylar screamed and India snatched her up and immediately found somewhere for them to hide. She pat her pockets for her phone. "SkySky stop crying baby. Mommy got you okay? We gone be alright." India said, hoping what she was saying was true. There were shots going back and forward and suddenly they stopped.

"KING? Get up bro! Aye somebody call an ambulance." Someone yelled. When India heard that her heart dropped.

"DADDDDYYYY." Skylar screamed crying. India just broke down. She didn't know what to do she couldn't let Skylar see King. India started to panic.

Everyone was panicking Lailani was feeling sharp pains in her stomach as she ran and looked for India and Skylar. She went to the back and found them balled up in a corner crying. India was shaking so bad. "SkySky it's TT Lai come with me." She said ignoring the pain she was in. Skylar hesitated but she ran into Lailani's arms.

India jumped up and ran to check on King. She seen people crowded around and it made her scared to go over there. She went anyways though. "Move!", she said. The police and the paramedics rushed inside of the building and immediately got King the proper care. The news people pulled up trying to get a story. "IF YALL DON'T WANT YALL SHIT BROKE .. YOU BITCHES BETTER GET THE FUCK . ASAP!!" India yelled. King was rushed to the hospital and India trailed the ambulance. Her nerves were so bad and all she could think about is him not making it.

1 hour later

Kain and all of the guys were at the hospital waiting on the news about King. "Family and friends of Domani Johnson." The doctor said.

"We're his parents." King mom said as she stood up. Kings dad stood up beside her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He didn't even look worried because he know his boy a soldier.

"Mr. Johnson is currently sleep. He was shot three times. We removed all of the bullets. One from his shoulder and two from his upper chest. He's a very lucky man, both bullets were only inches from places that could have killed him." The doctor said. 

A sigh of relief was let out. "Thank you Jesus." India said.

"Only two people in the room at a time." The doctor said. It was a lot of people waiting to visit. "Alright, his parents are the first two of course then his sister and girlfriend can go, after that Kain and whoever else then everyone else can take turns." One one of other homeboys said. A girl that no one ever seen before walked in. India arched her eyebrows she didn't want to start so she just kept calm. Kings parents walked to the back.

..

King laid in the bed resting. He was in a little pain so he was on an edge. "Hey my baby." His mama said rushing to his side.

"Hey ma." He said.

"How you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm in a lil pain. When they talkin bout letting me leave?" He asked.

"I don't know yet." She said. King rolled his eyes and laid back.

..

After a few minutes King parents left and it was time fore the next two. India had walked across the waiting room to call and check on Skylar. "Alright the next two can go." Kain said.

The girl that nobody knew stood up and followed Nadia. "Hold up Lai." India said arching her eyebrows. She noticed the girl stood up.

"Who are you ?" She asked with an attitude.

"I'm Tania. Who are you?" She said with her lips twisted. India laughed a little.

"India. The girlfriend." She said. Tania whole demeanor changed. She was way taller than India, but you could tell India could easily run over her. She was the one with the upper hand.

"Girlfriend? Ehh King would neva." Tania said. She tried to play India like she was below basic. Deep down inside Tania knew she wasn't messing with a PICTURE of India on her worst day.

"Girl getcho ratchet ass outta here. Lips lookin like a big greasy ass all that damn lip gloss on and you better back up off of my sister. The whole family know India the only GIRLFRIEND don't confuse being a hoe for a girlfriend." Nadia said stepping in. After that India didn't even have to say too much more. She was pissed that the bitch even had the audacity, but that wasn't gone keep her from going to check up on him. Nothing was.