Chapter 3

I looked at my mate with fear and pain. I was so scared he would kill me since I was a rogue and he seemed to have the aura of an alpha. Alphas hate rogues with a passion. The wolfs expression was blank as it stared back at me. The very thought of him rejecting me had my wolf crying inside my head, although none of us had moved. I heard the other wolf stalking towards us. When it came close my mate whipped his head backwards and growled lowly at the other. The wolf bowed its head and scooted back pretty far. I felt the need to stay with my mate as my wolf kept trying to persuade me, but my instincts told me I should leave. While my mate was still distracted I reached up and put my front two paws on his chest, since I was on my back, and pushed with all the strength I could manage.

They wolf above me staggered backwards shocked as I stood on all four legs and took off running the same way I had earlier. I could feel pain spiking up my leg from my calf and my chest started to ache from being away from the wolf I laid eyes on only moments before. My wolf was balling inside my head and saying mean things to me since I was running from our mate. I just couldn't deny the feeling that something bad was going to happen. Before I knew it I felt a blast of wind and realized I had crossed into another territory. I didn't know I was so close. I heard a loud growl and looked behind me seeing my mate looking at me with hurt and angry eyes from the other side of the border. If he entered this territory without permission he would automatically become a rogue. That was the rule with alphas; I on the other hand was free.

I had finally reached the territory I had desired all my childhood. My best friend was the alpha here and I had been sending him letters for a few weeks now, telling him everything and how I was now a rogue. He told me to come to his pack, he would let me join. I smiled feeling my heart heat up, as if possible. He cared for me even after all these years of being apart. I trotted through the trees ignoring the sounds of my mates growling. Trust me I was happy I found my mate, but it was just that feeling. I reached a tree and hid behind it as I watched my best friend skipping rocks along a little lake. He hadn't changed much, just grew older. He had brown hair that looked goldish in the light and beautiful hazel eyes to go with it. Now he just looked like he grew up more and had a lot more muscles. He looked so cute!

I watched him for a few more seconds before jumping out of my hiding place and scaring him. He was about to shift until he noticed it was me. I licked his hand as he hugged me in my wolf form. "Charlie, you shouldn't have jumped out like that! I could have hurt you." he smiled and messed with my wolf ears. Thank goldfish he didn't call me charlotte I would have hurt him. "Need some clothes" he asked probably knowing I shredded mine at some point. I nodded and he reached into a bag I didn't even notice he had beside him. "I've been trailing the borders waiting to see when you'd show up." He pulled out a simple yet cute dress that looked about mid-thigh along with some flats. I grabbed it from him and went behind a tree to change.

"You're freaky" I said as I walked out from behind the tree with the dress and shoes on.

Aiden's P.O.V (best friend)

"You're freaky" Charlie said as she walked out from behind the tree. God how she's changed. Her hair was down to her mid-back and slightly wavy. Her eyes seemed brighter and she was slightly tanner. She was taller and had a beautiful figure. All in all she looked very attractive. 'She asked you a question knucklehead stop day dreaming and answer back.' God how I love my wolf, most of the time. He can be a little sarcastic sometimes.

I looked back at Charlie and she stared at me expectantly. “Sorry what was the question” I asked as I pulled up the sleeves of my flannel shirt. I felt a need to impress her with the new body I had worked on for some time. Her eyes darted to my arms before back at my face, “I asked why you were staring at me weirdly. I also called you freaky because this dress fits me perfectly! Either you’re a wizard or a stalker.” I laughed and grabbed the bag from the ground, placing the strap around one of my shoulders. “Come on, let’s go meet your new pack members.” She smiled, ‘dazzling smile’ I thought and I held my hand out for hers like we used to do when we were little. She slapped my hand to the side and for a moment I felt hurt by it, but then she gave me a hug and whispered, “thank you.” I hugged her back and ran my fingers through her hair. I could tell she was nervous. She shouldn’t have anything to worry about, they’ll love her.

A/N

What do you think of Charlie’s friend so far? Please comment!