Chapter 11

Last night when Tyson's parents left I had crawled into bed before him to see if he would sleep in the bed or on the floor. I had only just met him and was curious as to everything about him. I know he is my mate and I should know everything, but I don't. Give me a break here, I've only known him a day or so. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard his heavy footsteps walking into the room. I was facing away from him so I just closed my eyes and snuggled into the pillow. I heard him walk over to the bed and felt tingles dance on my forehead where he lay a small kiss. After that he slid into the bed and fell asleep.

            It was now morning and I was surprised to see that I was awake bright and early. I decided since I was up so early that I should go for a run. It wouldn't hurt anyone. I slid on a dress so it would be easy to put on when I shifted back. I glanced over at my mate sleeping and quickly slipped out of the room. Once I reached the outdoors I ran into the tree's and inhaled the fresh air. I ran and ran until I found a nice spot to roam around in. Just as I was about to change out of my dress I heard a low growl. Quickly spinning around I jumped when I saw a huge angry looking wolf with its teeth barred at me. What did I ever do to it?

           The wolf came closer to me causing me to back up. My eyes were darting every which way in an attempt to locate a weapon. The wolf caught on and snarled at me. It lunged on top of me and sent me to the forest floor with a painful thud. No doubt my dress was dirty. The wolf shifted back to a person and stood up. The male quickly pulled a pair of shorts on and grabbed my arm. He pulled me from the ground and started walking towards the territory line. I dug my feet into the soil beneath me and kept jerking my arm to try and release it.

            "Let go of me" I was angry at the wolf and grabbed a nearby branch within reach and stabbed his shoulder with much force. The male shouted in pain and brought his hand to his shoulder, freeing my hand. Instead of running I grabbed another tree branch which looked pretty sharp and cut his side in a swift motion. I jammed the stick into his leg when he finally had enough and shoved me with all his strength to the ground. He yanked out the wood and went to grab me as I scurried away.

            Just as I was about to shift and sharp sting hit my neck and I fell to the floor as a burning coursed through my body. "Nice work Tony" the male commented as I writhed on the forest floor. The bastard had injected silver into my neck. My whole body stung as if hot coals were manifesting inside it. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, and I couldn't do anything. Why couldn't I have stayed in the house?

            The guy picked me up bridal style. Everywhere he touched just magnified the burning's intensity. At this point I wished my mate would rescue me, but it wasn’t him. It was his Beta! I was happy either way. “Hand over the Luna” Drake growled out as he stood in a fighting position. His eyes were shifting from hazel to black, his wolf was trying to take over. “The alpha wanted her so no.” With that Drake shifted and charged at the man who was holding me. Uhm, Drake bad plan, I’m still in his arms! The guy tossed me over to the other as if he was playing hot potato. At that moment I called for the one person who would help, “Tyson!”