Chapter 10

Aidens P.O.V

            It was after the battle with the Darkmoon pack and I was sitting in my father's old office thinking of everything Alpha Tyson had said. "Call off the fight, no one else needs to get hurt" those words kept replaying in my head, causing me to get angrier and angrier. He had taken Charlie. I know she's not my mate, but she was my best friend. That and I also think that he took Charlie because he couldn't find his mate and was trying to get the closest thing to me. "She might be his mate" my wolf commented. He was also sad that Charlie was gone. Slamming my fists on the desk it made a loud creak and I sighed, tugging my fingers through my hair.

She shouldn't be his mate, she deserves someone better than him. With that I left the office needing something to do to clear my mind.

Tyson's P.O.V

            I was in my bedroom with Charlie, who was still unconscious. The pack and I had just made it back to safe grounds. I quickly mind linked my highest officer other than my beta and told him to run the perimeter. He had the best detection ability, so therefore why not put it to use? I made sure to wrap the covers around her and change her clothes. I know that will probably push her buttons, but I did not want her to be sleeping in bloody clothes.

            I went into the bathroom and took a shower to wash all the dirt and grime from my hair and body, no one likes being covered in filth. I made sure to dry my hair and completely cloth myself before exiting the bathroom incase my mate had woken up. When I left the bathroom I immediately looked over at the bed and saw she was still sleeping. I prefer to say she's sleeping since my wolf and I don't like the thought of her being unconscious.

            The sun was lowering now and the room was getting darker. Trying to be quiet I turned on a lamp and closed the blinds and curtains, leaving the room dimly lit. Turning from the window I went to go downstairs and cook dinner when I caught onto a vibrating sound. It sounded like my phone, but when I pulled it out the screen was dark and it wasn't vibrating. I heard the sound again and walked over to the bed. A little light was lighting up the bag I had set her stuff in. I reached into the bag and pulled out her phone noticing she had a text.

            I didn't want to be nosy so I slipped it back in the bag and kissed my mate upon the head before leaving the room. I went down the stairs just as someone knocked on the front door. I jogged back up the stairs and closed the bedroom door before going back down and opening the door. There my mother and father stood with a big smile on their faces. My mom's hair now had light gray streaks as my dad also did just darker. There was happiness in both there stormy gray eyes and I had a feeling I already knew why they were here.

            "Sweetie" my mom gushed and pulled me into a hug before I could react and squeezed really hard. I swear she has the strength of someone twice her size. Don't let her older state full you. "Hey mom, how are you" I asked hugging her back. She pulled back and smiled, "okay, but you father here has got a little lazy in his cooking skills lately." I laughed as m dad tried to defend himself.

            I let them in and they just stood there. I could tell my mom was bouncing up and down with excitement, she reminds m of a child so much. 'Speaking of children' my wolf whispered and I bit my lip and glanced up at the closed bedroom door before looking back at my parents. Just as I looked away the bedroom door opened and my attention quickly went to my mate who was stumbling out the bedroom door trying her best to walk. I quickly got up the stairs before she could fall and held her steady.

            I could hear my mom "awhh" and rolled my eyes. "Are you okay" I asked even though she hadn't fallen. She looked up at me, her eyes dull like she was zapped of her energy. "I'm hungry" she whispered then her eyes widened and she covered her mouth with her hand. "I'm so sorry that was so rude of me" she said causing me to laugh. "It's alright, everyone has to eat at some time." She smiled and looked down the stairs, her eyes landing on my parents. My mom had big bright eyes as she stared in awe at my mate. I can't blame her, I feel that way sometimes. Well the few times I've ever saw her.

            "Okay why don't I go downstairs and cook some dinner with my father, also to teach him how to cook since it tastes like playdoh whenever he makes food." I whispered the last part to my mate so only she could hear and she laughed. "Hey! I heard that" oops. "Anyways while we do that you want to hang out with my mom?" I asked her hoping she would say yes. My mom can barely contain her excitement. She nodded and I picked her up and went down the stairs with her hitting my chest saying I had scared her hen I picked her up. I placed her on the couch and left the two to talk and get to know each other since my mom has been waiting for me to find my mate for years now.