Chapter 8

My wolf howled with joy when she heard our mate speak. I too felt happy, but that changed as soon as I analyzed the position me and Drew were in.  I know it probably looks wrong, but he was just protecting me and being a good friend. Drew rose to his feet and stood protectively in front of me. He growled loudly, "Stay away from her you psycho Alpha." My mate growled then all the anger washed from his face and he smirked. "I don't think you stand even an ounce of a fight against me. Better yet I know you don't so just move along and let me take my mate home." He said and started walking towards us. Drew stood his ground and glared at my mate.

My mate sighed and rolled his dark green eyes. He walked over to Drew and before Drew could fight back he snapped his neck. I gasped as I stared wide eyed at my best friend on the ground unconscious. "Told you" my mate said and turned his gaze towards me. My mouth was still hung open and my eyes were the size of gold balls. "I didn't kill him, don't look so shocked sweetheart." He said and went to grab my arm. I unwillingly let him grab it since my wolf had broke through the endless walls I had put up. His eyes darkened into a deep mossy color and he pulled straight against his chest. "I'm so relieved you're okay" he said and ran his fingers through the bottoms of my hair.

 In my head I was screaming at my wolf to push him away. He had snapped Drew's neck as if it were a twig. The scariest thing was he was holding me in his arms. Instead of letting go of me he looped his arms around my back and under my knees and carried me out of the pack house. The image of Drew lying on the ground unconscious kept replaying in my head until I heard fighting. I looked over and saw wolves from both packs were still fighting and killing one another. My eyes caught sight of a large brown wolf and i screamed out his name, "Aiden!" He instantly looked up and his eyes darkened, his wolf had taken over. Nikko (Aiden's wolf) came charging towards us and I smiled inwardly, maybe just maybe my best friend could save me.

My mate growled and held me tighter in his arms. Clearly he did not want to let me go. Just as Aiden got close my mate ran to the woods and put me high up in a tree telling me to stay there. Aiden came lunging at my mate. My mate shifted into a black wolf with beautiful silver tips. The ends of his tail, ears, and paws where an amazing shade of silver which complimented his black fur. As they fought I felt my heart break at the thought of Aiden getting hurt, and I also felt my wolf's heart break at the thought of our mate getting hurt. I tried thinking of a way to stop this fight without anyone dying and then I remembered. I had a silver knife in my boot.

Knowing the consequences I pulled the knife out of the boot and carefully unwrapped it. The silver blade glimmered in the light and I looked away from it. Instead I focused on the battle going on under me. Touching the knife I bit my lip to hold back the yell of pain I wanted to release as i wrapped my fingers around the handle. My skin burned and sizzled turning a deep red where I touched the knife. I held the knife firmly in my right hand and raised my arm to my heads height. "It's for them" I thought "Do it" my wolf said also knowing the consequence. In one swift motion I shoved the knife into my right thigh and screamed at the pain. My whole body started to burn and sparks of electricity coursed through my veins. My wolf vanished without a word and I fell back onto the tree, nearly falling off. I heard someone call my name, but I wasn't paying attention. The only thing I could feel was the sensations of fire burning through my leg and Ice stretching my insides. This is what happens when you come in contact with pure silver. With a gasp I fell from the tree, expecting to hit the forest beneath me. That expectation was short lived when I felt someone's arms wrap around me. And just like that I blacked out.