Getting sick

3rd person pov

Sunstreaker and Sideswipe were trying to get Abby up so she can get dressed but she's not waking up. The twins wondered if she was still tired after the scare from her nightmare last night. Sunstreaker and Sideswipe were starting to worry as they felt Abby's forehead and noticed she had beads of sweat on her forehead. She woke up feeling tired and weak and struggled to get her warm comforter off as she was starting to burn up and was starting to sweat profusely.

Sunstreaker's pov

I nudged Abby to try and help her get up but when she woke up, she was sweating and tried getting her blankets off of her. Sideswipe went to go get Ratchet while I help Abby with her blankets. She was having a hard time sitting up and I thought something was wrong.

She looked like she didn't have any energy to get up, let alone sit up.

She started, what humans call, coughing and rubbing her dull eyes before groaning in tiredness. She yawned and was about to lay down again but I picked her up and held her close when Sideswipe came in with Ratchet on his tail.

"G-g-grand-" Abby started talking but stopped when she was coughing. Ratchet started taking her temperature and she was laying in my arms limp and sweating.

"She has a very high fever. Sideswipe grab a washcloth and some cold water now, Sunstreaker, make sure she stays out of her bed for the time being. I will need someone to wash her bedsheets." Sideswipe went into her bathroom and grabbed a washcloth before leaving the room.

Abigail was whimpering because of her fever and was constantly coughing in her arm so as not to get me sick. I looked at her in worry before Arcee and Chromia came running in and started asking me a lot of questions about if she was okay or not. "She's fine but she has a fever and she's sweating a lot too. Can one of you wash her bedsheets please while I make sure she takes her medicine?" Ratchet asked and both of them immediately got to work on taking the pillow sheets, blankets and bedsheets off the bed and going to the washing machine to wash the sheets and blankets.

"G-grandpa.....I don't feel so good. Am I dying grandpa Ratchet?" Abby asked and Ratchet looked at her with soft optics before replying "No my granddaughter, you are not dying. You'll be better in no time. I'll be sure of it." She nodded weakly at that before snuggling into my chest.

She yawns and rubs her eyes while Ratchet went out to get some things that will help her feel better. I sat in a chair that was in Abby's bedroom and looked down at her with worry. Sideswipe came back with a bowl of water and soaked the washcloth before dabbing Abby's forehead with it. "Water.... cold..." Sideswipe and I were really worried about her since we know nothing of human sickness and how they get better. Arcee and Chromia were making some soup for her since Delilah was washing the sheets and blankets. Sideswipe was making sure her forehead had the washcloth on it to help with the fever. I stayed sitting in the chair as she laid in my arms while her dull eyes were scanning around the room for something.

Crosshairs' holoform came in and looked at his little girl before walking up with Bee and Ironhide following him. I told him what Ratchet told her but I didn't want to tell him about her asking Ratchet if she was dying. Primus knows what he'll think if he hears about that.

Bumblebee started panicking as he looked at Abby with worry swimming in his optics. Abby was like a little sister to him, Arcee and Chromia. The relationship the three of them share with her is almost as close as her relationship with Delilah and Cris.

Third person pov

Bee looked at Abby before he looked around for something for her to hold. He found a princess doll that looked like Elsa from the movie Frozen that she loved watching so much. He gave her the doll and she started smiling a little as he watched her play with the doll. Sunstreaker and Sideswipe were watching as Ratchet came in along with Arcee and Chromia as Ratchet had the medicine while both sisters had soup and a glass of water.

Abby was playing with her Elsa doll before she noticed the food and medicine. She tried hiding her face in Sunstreaker's chest but Arcee and Chromia both knew she was planning on not taking the medicine so they needed to have a bargaining chip so she can take the medication.

Arcee went to get something for Abby to take her medicine and grabbed a can of Sprite that she put in the fridge last night when she went shopping for small snacks and stuff. She went back upstairs to Abby's bedroom and told the four year old that if she takes the medicine, then she'll be able to have the can of Sprite that Arcee has in her hands. Abby decided to take the medication so she can feel better and eat soup. She took the medicine that tastes like strawberry but doesn't at the same time and she immediately began eating the soup as Arcee opened Sprite and slipped in a straw before the little girl took a sip.

Everyone else left to go see if her sheets and blankets were done being washed or did their own things. Ratchet nodded his head when Abby took the medicine before he left the room. Sunstreaker and Sideswipe both stayed near Abby as she ate her soup and sipped her soda.

The twins both realized that Abby was scared since they had been told she has never been sick before so she was scared about what was happening to her. They just hoped that it would be the only time she got sick. Arcee and Chromia both brought in her washed and dried sheets before making her bed. Sunstreaker held Abby as she finished eating her food and finished her drink. Sideswipe took the bowl and can before leaving the room to throw the trash away.

Sunstreaker placed the little girl on the ground and she started playing with her Elsa doll again. Sunstreaker watched on in silence as Sideswipe walked in again and they both made sure she was okay.

They both noticed that the house was quiet and wondered if everyone had gone out on patrol or gone shopping.

Again.

Abby noticed that her bed was made and got up to sit on her bed after grabbing her Anna doll as well as Kristoff, Hans, Sven and Olaf. Frozen had been her favorite movie since she first saw it in the theatre. She hoped they made a second movie about Frozen 2.