5 The one where Aunt May is dead tony doesn't know part 1

By Hail_the_gay
5 The one where Aunt May is dead and I'm not telling you anything elsebut I might be telling you something, like how tony doesn't know

"Mr.Parker? I'm sorry to say, your aunt is dead."

Peter tried to block the memory out, but it just replayed over and over again in his head. Tears streaming down his face, Mays cold hand, nurses pulling him away from the bed. He just closed his eyes and started walking faster. The stomp of shoes behind him sped up as well.

"Petey, wait up!" A girls voice called out behind him, Mariah held onto Jame's hand. A few more children were trailing behind them, but they didn't care enough about Peter to try and catch up with him. Like Poppy, who was in her senior year of high school, and took the baby, Ayla to school, pretending she was hers. Kayla held onto Wyatt's hand, Kayla was five, old enough to go to Kindergarten, Wyatt was in 8th grade, happy to help the little children. A few more kids as well, some older than him, some younger, but they stuck together, always making sure everyone was there before they went back home, besides he was practically Mariah and Jame's big brother.

"Sorry Mari, I'm just trying not to be late."

"It's ok Petey."

They walked in silence, turning street corners, and crossing the cross walks, when the Elementary school came into view, Peter and Poppy walked James, Kayla, Abigail, Charlotte, Noah and Liam inside, moving them to their respective classes, all 11 and younger. Then they crossed the street the middle school, where they waved Wyatt, Mariah, Jessica, Michael, and Ethan goodbye. That left Poppy, (with Ayla, who was only 6 months) Peter, Kaitlyn, Lucas, and Mia to go to the high school, scurrying to their first period of the day. Which Peter had with Kaitlyn, whom he was good friends with. He slid into the seat next to Kaitlyn, starting up conversation about Ayla's first words, which were "Momma" to Poppy and how Oliver (the orphanage caretaker) was probably going grocery shopping, because I'm not being mean to Peter. Then the bell rang and Peter tuned out everything the teacher said, thinking about the events over the last 5 months, he became Mariah and James favorite, he became good friends with the pretty girl in his class who happened to be at the orphanage when he showed up, and how he hadn't been to Stark Tower in 7 months. He wasn't planning on going back for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tony noticed it. He noticed that Peter was gone. At first it was just little things, like how it was quieter and vines weren't being quoted every second of the day. But it started becoming more noticeable. The tower felt empty. Without Peter, it was nothing, almost. Tony had fallen into a depressive state without his almost-son there to annoy him. Pepper noticed it too. In fact the whole team noticed how vacant Tony looked. They'd leave encouraging notes, like,

You're doing great today!

Love the hair <3

Hope Dum-E is fixed soon!

But he just sighed at it. Imagining Peter saying them to him. He tried to do something about it, taking anti depressants and going on walks with Pepper. But the only thing that would help was Peter himself. He went to go check on him one day, walking through the streets, enjoying the hustle and bustle of New York. But when he got to Peter's apartment, someone else answered the door, and told him that the previous tenant had died. Tony gasped and started sobbing, for May. How could he have not known! He thanked the new tenant and ran down the stairs, hoping to find a clue as to where Pete might be. He tried different places. Eventually going to the high school, because why didn't he check there first?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Would Peter Parker come to the main office, please?" A crackly voice came onto the speakers, snapping Peter out of his sleepy state. He got up slowly, kissed Poppy's cheek, telling her he loved her (as a sibling) and blew a raspberry on Ayla and started walking down the long hallways to the main office. When he saw who was waiting for him, he turned around and started walking back down the hallway, back to his class, he'd rather play with his baby sister than have to face Mr. Stark. He heard pounding footsteps behind him. Mr. Stark wanted to see him.

"Underoos! Wait up!"

Peter stopped walking, but refused to turn and look Tony in the eye.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wasn't ready." Peter mumbled out, barely facing Mr. Stark's softened expression.

"You know you can tell me anything."

"I know, but if I had told you I wouldn't have 16 siblings right now, have figured out why Poppy was never pregnant but randomly came with a baby to school one day, whom I adore by the way. I wouldn't get crushing hugs from Lucas when I wake up and I wouldn't get pep talks from Mia when I have nightmares. I wouldn't be able to know all the amazing little children in my life right now! The world doesn't revolve around you Mr. Stark, fit that inside your ego." Peters words stumbled out and he couldn't stop them, no matter how bad he had wanted not to roast Mr. Stark.

Tony stood there for a moment, stunned at what he'd just heard. Peter has 16 siblings, one of which is a baby? He gets nightmares? Most importantly, he thinks I have a big ego?

"So, sorry Mr. Stark. If you're he to offer adoption to me? I refuse." And with that, Peter walked back down to his class, greeting Poppy and Ayla as he sat back down. He took Ayla from Poppy's arms, bouncing the baby up and down, smiling and cooing at it.

"What was that about?" Poppy asked the boy.

"I just refused adoption from Tony Stark."