Clingy

Sam was getting worried. He stood at the stove, flipping chocolate chip pancakes for the rest of the team. Everyone else was down, loudly munching away on their food, striking up conversation about how their week went. Two seats remained empty though. Peter's and Tony's. Sam wasn't worried about Tony though, the man always slept in late if he slept at all and rarely came to breakfast, just grabbed some coffee and retreated back to his lab. But Peter wasn't up yet. That's what worried Sam. The boy was never up 'early' but he had an alarm set for 10:00 so he'd at least be up in time for breakfast and have time to train for 2 hours, then do his homework and still have time to watch a movie with the rest of the team while still being able to eat and go on patrol at night. And Peter wasn't up yet. It was already 11:15, and the boy wasn't stumbling down the stairs and grabbing a small stack of pancakes.

"Have any of you seen Peter?" He mentioned.

"That's what I was wondering too!"'s and "That's what I was thinking!"'s chorused around the room.

Thumping steps were heard down the stairs and they quieted to see who it was. Tony appeared with a small person clinging onto his back, the person lifted their head lightly, revealing that they were Peter, with squinted eyes and a scrunched up face. Nat held back a smile and Steve left out a quiet bark of laughter. Tony glared at them before moving to grab a cup of coffee.

"How'd you acquire the koala, Tony?" Sam laughed.

"Poor thing was out all night on patrol, when I went to wake him up, he latched onto me and won't let go. I'm used to it though."

"I can take him if you'd like." Natasha offered, holding up her hand and walking over to Tony.

"Sure, why not." Tony shuffled Peter around to his front and lifted him off. Peter whined at the loss of contact but stopped when he was placed on Natasha's shoulders, his chin resting on her head. He smiled and Nat walked off.

"Don't steal my kid!"

"No promises, Tony!" She yelled as she ran down the hallway.