I took the poison praying you'd feel it too

Peter knew he was strong, he had lifted over 25 tons before and had beaten Natasha in sparring multiple times. But Steve was back, and he underestimated the 18-year-old like there was no tomorrow. And Peter hated it. So when Peter was up early Saturday doing homework on his bed, and FRIDAY called him down, he knew this was the chance to beat Steve's ass.

"Peter, Boss wants you in the gym." The voice filled Peter's room and startled him out of his trance.

"Alright, tell him I'll be there soon." Peter got up off his bed, abandoning his calculus homework. He changed into a pair of gym shorts and left his shirt off, knowing he'd end up taking it off mid-way through training anyways. Peter walked into the kitchen, grabbing a bowl of strawberry yogurt before making his way to the gym. FRIDAY opened the door for him and he almost choked on the yogurt when he noticed Natasha sitting on Steve's shoulders, choking him while Tony stood off to the side chanting, "Kill him! Kill him!" Steve looked over at Peter and his eyes bulged out of his head, and Peter wasn't sure if it was because of the lack of oxygen or Steve's notice of the scars littering Peter's body. Long, jagged, scars ran across the boy's back, stomach, shoulder blades, ribs, anywhere. And smaller scars were blotched around the larger ones. Small circled scars hid under dents in his body from being shot a few times too many. Some were red, more raw and new, some were pink, still new but not as much so, or they healed like that. Some were white, from years back. Natasha noticed the new boy come in and slid off of Steve's shoulders, to let the older man breathe. Natasha gave Peter a smile before grabbing her water bottle and taking a long swig of it. Tony walked over to Peter and gave him a clap on the back.

"Looks like star-spangled-asshole noticed your battle wounds. Will you spar him?"

"Do I have to?" Peter whined, setting down the now empty bowl of yogurt.

"Kind of, he's run out of partners and you need to train with different people to up your skill set, only working with Nat and sometimes Clint only gets you so far in life."

"Fine." Peter sighed and walked up to the man who was still catching his breath. "Hey, Steve-o, do you prefer to fight with weapons or not? Cause I got this fucking fan-tastic new web formula and I've been wanting to try it out for like three months but Natasha prefers hand-to-hand and Clint is at his farm so I can't use them on him bu- are you okay?" Peter noticed that even though Steve's face had returned to its normal color, he had a pained look on his face, annoyed, even.

"Yeah, I'm fine, kid."

"Don't call me kid."

"Tony calls you that all the time."
"Yeah, because he can, he's allowed to."

"What would you prefer I call you?"

"How about, 'strongest avenger' ooh, or 'can beat Captain America in a fight but the asshole won't admit it'"

"Very funny Peter."

"Oh, my name works too, thank you."

"To answer your question, I work hand to hand usually."

"Damn it! Fine, I won't bring out the web-shooters."

"Thank you. Now, I have a question for you."

"Shoot. Or rather, don't, that has happened way too many times for comfort and you know, you're already kind of a bad person so if you shot an 18-year-old it might be bad press."

"I won't shoot you. But may I ask what happened to you?"

Peter looked at Steve for a second, confusion rushing over his face until he realized what Steve was referring to. "Oh! You mean these!" He pointed to a mass of his scars. Steve nodded. "I'll give the story on the big ones."

"This one was when I got stabbed with a serrated knife and I had to take it out and sew it up myself because I was an hour away from the tower and almost out of web fluid. When I called Tony to ask him to come pick me up, he had a heart attack." He said, casually pointing to a jagged scar to the right of his sternum. "These three," He said, pointing to a cluster of dents near his collarbone, "Are from when I got shot on July 4th, your fucking birthday Steve! You truly are the captain of a terrible country, once again Tony had a heart attack, yadda yadda. Ok, so now this one is my least favorite. I got appendicitis. Twice and let me tell you Steven, you know how fun that is? Not fun at all."

"You got appendicitis twice?" Steve asked, he felt sick, hearing about this kid's pain and suffering. These weren't even new scars. They looked old, and comfortable on his body.

"Yeah, I got it when I was like, 16, so I got the thing taken out. Then when I came back after the... you know, it fucking regenerated and then poisoned itself again! Jeez louise, Tony and I were coming back from god knows where and I started getting really sick and then it burst again because since the healing and all my body was trying to make me better but it just made everything worse. Cho barely got me out of death. But want to fight?"
"Uhh, not today kid. I don't think so."

"Ok, boomer. See you tonight."

Steve rushed out of there, face pale. Tony came up behind Peter, smirking.

"Wow kid, I'm positive that walking trash can won't be patronizing you any more. Now, why don't you spar with Nat."