On The Road

Peter thought he was a fairly good driver. When he got his license, he begged Happy to let him practice in his car. Happy who reluctantly complied when Tony said he had to. Peter learned quickly and soon was allowed to drive by himself. So when Peter suggested that he take MJ and Ned to Buffalo for a weekend trip, Tony had no reason to say no. So Peter thanked Tony, got into his car, -which he insisted be more subtle than Tony's 100- with a weekend bag and drove away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter drove to MJ's first, the girl got carsick and Ned would take the front seat if he got in first. The girl came bounding down the steps, backpack in hand. She slid into the front seat, gave Peter a smile and he started driving again. Now he had to go to Ned's house. Ned's mom scared him indefinitely, and he wouldn't be surprised if Ned had not told her yet. Peter got out of the car, hopping up the steps on the Leed's front porch to get Ned. He rang the doorbell and the door delicately opened, Ned standing behind it.

"Hey dude, let's go!" Ned ran out past him, stopping when he saw MJ in the front seat, with a smug look on her face. Peter ran behind Ned, once again sliding into the front seat. MJ connected her phone to the bluetooth in Peter's car blasting a mix of "Arcade Fire" and "Sonic Youth" Her favorites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MJ had been playing her music for hours, and Ned finally turned off her phone, connected his phone while MJ started whining in the front seat, glaring at the boys who were sick of her indie shit. "Black Dog" by Led Zeppelin started blaring through the speakers and Peter cheered in the front seat, excited for music he was familiar to.

"Alright kiddos, we're almost in Buffalo!" Peter called out to his passengers.

"You're the youngest." MJ deadpanned from his right.

"But who's Spiderman, bitch?" MJ stayed silent. "That's what I thought."

"Anyways, we're close, and I'm stopping at a hotel for the night."

"Alright. I call one of the queens." MJ shouted the last sentence so Ned would have to sleep on the floor.

"Aw man."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MJ's POV

I had put in earbuds not too long ago when ACDC had come on, I was bouncing my feet to the rhythm, not paying any attention to the words. I felt a slight swerve and I opened my eyes, to see Peter starting to nod off at the wheel.

"Peter... When's the last time you slept?"

"I dunno, like two days ago?" I could feel his tiredness seeping through the cover on his voice.

"Pull over right now. I'm driving and you are taking a nap."

"Will do, Ma'am" He started swerving heavily, almost hitting a car next to us... Until he did. Peter T-boned the semi next to us and the car started spinning.

"Get your fucking seat belt on Ned!" I shouted to the boy in the back, who was laying down for comfort, the seat belt forgotten. Ned scrambled to sit up and put on his seat belt. I lay limp as possible, as if I were drunk, to numb the impact. But I still slammed my body into the side of the car. I tried to swivel my head around to see what else was happening. Peters glasses had flung off of his face and he had passed out in the middle of hitting the semi. Ned hit his face on the back of the seat and came back up with a bloody nose. The car finally spun to a stop, completely upside down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MJ shook herself out of the blood rush she had. She twisted herself around, as best she could, with the sharp pain in her side she could barely move. She found the seatbelt with her numb hands and after a few tries, got it to unlock, and let her down. She fell to the ceiling of the car and found her phone still (surprisingly) tucked away in her back pocket. She brought it out and dialed the first number in her contacts list without hesitation.