Chapter 4

"What did you do?"

I look up, that smirk still on my face. Furrowing my eyebrows in faux confusion, I look at Luciano.

"What do you mean?" He raises an eyebrow at me, not fooled by my act.

"I know that smirk. You're up to no good."

"When is she not." Angelo mutters from his seat on Luciano's sofa. The four of us were in his office, having turned it into our base for Connor's operation. Right now, we were in the midst of finding out Connor's contacts here in the US. Most of the Irish mafia's previous alliances and dealings had died when Connor's place was bombed and many of them weren't exactly keen on reestablishing them. So, Connor was in a bit of a tight spot. He needed weapons, money and men and since he couldn't get them the usual way, he had to resort to other measures. Unfortunately, with Liam on his side, it was easier for him. Luciano had been on the phone with other mafia and gang leaders, finding out any information they had on Connor. That had been a dead end, as many of them wanted to stay the hell away from him. It was no secret that Connor was crazy and gunning after the Italians. Being his ally and going against Luciano was suicide, especially with me on their side now. Angelo and Luca were trying to find out everything they could about the Irish mafia's previous dealings and properties while I was figuring out his money trail. Connor needed money to fund his comeback but he no longer had any businesses or dealings here in the US. That meant he would have Liam launder money from somewhere. 

After hours of tracking bank accounts and following the dollar signs, I had a break. Well, I hit the jackpot to be honest, thus the smirk on my face.

Not moving from my position on Luciano's carpet, I motion to the boys to come closer. They groan but oblige without a fuss. Seated beside me, I turn my laptop slightly so they could see. 

"I've been trying to find out where Connor is keeping his money and I found it. He's got an offshore account in the Caymans under one of his old aliases."

"How much was in it?" Luciano asks.

"20 million."

"Where did he get that kind of money from?"Luca asks, surprised.

"Exactly my thoughts. I hacked into the mafia's bank accounts here in the US and Ireland from before his 'death' and right now, they only have a combined amount of around a quarter of a million dollars. I also hacked into a couple of government servers and all their previous businesses and tenders have been shut down. Well, whatever that you guys didn't take over."

"He isn't getting the money from a legal source. He's stealing it." Luciano catches on to my train of thought.

I nod."Liam has been laundering the stolen cash through shell companies and various offhsore accounts. My guess is that he's been siphoning it from various companies all over the world. There was a hacking scandal that hit multiple companies in Ireland and Scotland a few months ago. If you add everything up, that would explain the 20 million dollars."

Angelo lets out a whistle, shaking his head at me. "You're a fucking genius, you know."

I bow dramatically, causing them to chuckle. Luciano, the party pooper as always, cuts in.

"So, what are we going to do with that money? Connor would be stuck if he lost it, which is what I want."

I smirk evilly, pressing a few buttons on my laptop. Instantly, the 20 million from the account is gone, leaving only 20 dollars behind.

"Well, I figured you wouldn't want any of that money and those companies they stole from have millions left so I distributed it to charities all over the world. Orphanages, animal shelters, cancer research institutes, they all just received some very sizeable donations from an anonymous donor."

Luciano stares at me for a few seconds before breaking out into a smirk, a very sexy one might I add.

"You know, I'm starting to like you more and more."

It has been a few days since I played Robinhood with Connor's money and we were waiting fro him to do something. I knew he would be pissed but he would also be desperate. And, when you're desperate, you tend to  get sloppy and make mistakes.Sure enough, he did.

Luciano got a call from one of his informants that Connor was planning to steal the Italian's weapons shipment that was coming in a few days.

"Word is he's not gonna hit the envoy but the warehouse after the weapons are stored."

We were looking at a map detailing the armored truck's route  from the docks to the warehouse. 

The three men were discussing a plan to hit Connor when he attacked when I interrupted.

"Vincenzo, what's your security protocol with a warehouse full of shipments?"

"The weapons are kept in a vault, which can only be accessed by me, Angelo and Luca. It's impossible to bomb or break into the vault. I also have motion sensors and silent alarms that will trigger if someone so much as sets foot into the warehouse."

"What about guards?"

"I don't have any guards on site but I have a few teams who take turns on a 24 hours shift stationed nearby. If anything goes wrong, they will be there in less that 2 minutes."

I nod, mulling over the information in my head. Slowly, a plan forms. Only problem convincing them to agree with it. I explain my plan to the boys.

"Absolutely not."

"Are you crazy?"

I was right. It was a crazy plan but it was a good one. 

"Do you trust me?" I look Luciano straight in the eye. His steely grey gaze meets my blue ones with intensity, understanding that I was asking more than whether or not he trusted this plan of mine. I needed to know if we were still in the same place that we were  when I first got here.

He searches my eyes for a few seconds, seemingly staring into the depths of my soul but I don't flinch or look away. Finally, he sighs quietly before nodding, a resigned but determined expression on his face.

"Okay."