Chapter 20

"Hey, we're heading to the club for a bit. Luciano wants to check on something. You wanna come?" Angelo asks me, popping his head into my room.
"No thanks. You guys go ahead." His face falls a little but he nods, sending me a smile before leaving. I sigh, shutting my laptop and heading downstairs. I hadn't eaten dinner yet so I was starving. Opening the fridge, I spot some leftover lasagna and reheat it. I'm in the middle of my dinner when Emilia and Sofia come downstairs.
"Hey. I thought you followed the boys." Emilia says, coming over and stealing some of my lasagna. I playfully glare at her as she just chuckles, sitting down beside me.
"You shouldn't eat so late, Alessa. It's bad for your health." Sofia says in a motherly tone and I smirk cheekily, "yes mum." She rolls her eyes, lightly whacking the back of my head as she sits beside Emilia. We start chatting and I don't even realise the time until Emilia lets out a huge yawn. Glancing at my phone, my eyes widen when I realise it's already almost 3 in the morning.
"It's already 3."
Sofia frowns, glancing at her phone.
"The boys aren't back yet. They should have been back by now."
"Maybe they decided to have a drink."
Emilia says but I can't shake the feeling that something has happened. Emilia and Sofia call Angelo and Luca but neither of them pick up. Luciano doesn't pick up his phone either when Emilia calls him and that's when we really start to worry. Emilia is about to call James, one of Luciano's men who followed them when we hear the front door open. The three of us rush to the living room, my hand on my gun in case it's not the boys.

The three boys walk in and our eyes widen at the sight of them. They're all bruised and bloodied. Emilia and Sofia rush over to their partners, checking them for injuries. Luckily, Luca and Angelo are not seriously injured, just a few bruises and cuts. Most of the blood isn't even theirs.
"Don, we need to get you stitched up." Angelo says, bee lining towards Luciano.
That's when I notice that Luciano is clutching onto his arm, blood dripping off his torn suit.
"I got it." Is all he says gruffly before disappearing up the stairs, footsteps thundering angrily. Not giving any of us the chance to even look at his injury closely.
"What happened?" I ask and Luca answers.
"We were ambushed outside the club as we were leaving. One of the workers in the club turned on us and was working for Connor. When we got there, he must have informed Connor and that bastard was waiting with his men in the parking lot to ambush us."
"Was anyone else hurt?" Emilia asks and Angelo shakes his head.
"We outnumbered them. Killed most of Connor's men but he escaped. He's the one who shot Luciano but the bullet grazed his arm. Luciano managed to shoot him in the leg though."
"Shit, this is bad. I'm glad you guys are okay though."
The boys nod tiredly, smiling weakly at us. The girls take them up to their rooms to clean them up and tend to their wounds, leaving me alone in the hall. I walk back to the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of whiskey. I keep glancing at the stairs, deciding if I should head up and check on Luciano. Get your ass up there. What are you still doing down here.
There was also the possibility that he didn't want to be disturbed right now. He was in a terrible mood when he walked in which was understandable and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to see my face right now.
Stop being a pussy. You know you want to check on him.
Groaning softly, I down my whiskey for liquid courage before pouring another glass. Maybe he might let me in if he sees the alcohol. I pause at the foot of the stairs leading up to his floor. I remember Emilia telling me that no one goes up there and I grimace. He was definitely gonna kill me this time around. Oh well. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't know if he was okay. Taking a deep breath, I climb up the stairs. The upper floor is huge and expansive. I can see a gym at the end of the hallway, a mini kitchen and a TV room. All the doors are open except one and I'm guessing that's his bedroom. I knock lightly but there's no sound. Opening the door slowly, I peek into the huge room. Only a bedside lamp is on casting a dim shadow across the room. That's when I notice that the bathroom light is on, the door open. I gingerly step into the room, making my way to the bathroom.
Luciano is standing in front of the sink, clad only in pair of sweatpants. His hair is damp and I realise that he must have just taken a shower. The smell of his shower gel and cologne washes over me as I walk across his room. I open my mouth to inform him of my presence  so that he doesn't shoot me when I notice him staring at me through the mirror. Guess he heard me knock after all. My mouth turns dry at the shirtless sight of him, his muscular back and six pack making me clear my throat quietly. Dammit Alessa, the man is bleeding and you're getting hot and bothered.
He doesn't say anything, those steel grey eyes watching my every move carefully. I step into the bathroom and wordlessly hand him the glass of whisky. He glances down at it before looking back at me, accepting it. He's in the middle of cleaning his wounds and I see that the graze wound still bleeding.
"May I?" I ask quietly motioning towards his injured arm. He just nods, an almost confused expression on his face. It was adorable to be honest. Hopping up on the sink counter so that I could reach his arm comfortably, I remove the disinfectant from the open first aid kit and start cleaning his wound. He doesn't say a word, his gaze trained on me, sipping his whisky. His gaze unnerves me but I try my best to focus on the task at hand, not looking him in the eye.