Chapter 25

Ahh the sweet feeling of coming home...not. I look around the bedroom I'm in, the exact same one I was put in the last time I was here. Only this time, I was handcuffed to the bed. I mean, I could get out of it but I had a plan. It wasn't even a complete plan, I was sort of improvising as I was going. I had ditched the BMW about a mile away from the compound, already knowing that Luciano has tracked the car. The minute I stepped onto the road leading up to the compound, the security cameras had spotted me and Connor's men had surrounded me. I was disarmed and handcuffed before being practically thrown into a SUV and brought to the house. When we reached the mansion, one of his men searched me, stripping me of my shoes and my jacket in case it was wired I guess. Now here I was, waiting for Connor, clad only in my jeans and tank top. As I look around the room, I realise that nothing's changed, the mansion was exactly the way it was the last time I was here. The only difference was I was different. The first time I turned myself in, i was hurt and angry, broken inside after everything that happened with Isabella. Revenge was the only thing on my mind. Today however, I was a lot stronger physically and mentally. I was here to protect the people I loved, not to complete some mission that was assigned to me. I was willing to do whatever it took to end this for good even if it meant I wouldn't walk out of here alive.

The door opens drawing my attention and Connor walks in, a sick smirk on his face. His entire aura radiates arrogance and smugness, as if he had already won. I maintain my cool poker face, not giving anything away.

"Hello there darling. It's been a while."
"I see even Satan kicked you out from hell." His eyes darken slightly at my words and I mentally smirk.
"I assume you're here because of my lovely note."
I shrug indifferently, making him even angrier. The thing with Connor was he loves attention and he especially loved it when you reacted to his taunts and threats. He got off on the fear and anger you showed.
"Where is the file?" I raise an eyebrow at him, pretending to not understand him but I knew what he was talking about. There was a file that contained a list of every single asset, property that the mafia had. Anything related to the mafia, it was in there. Needless to say, Connor could not get his hands on it ever.
"File?"
"Don't play dumb with me, Alessa."
"You threatened me over a file?You out of office supplies or something?"
He takes a step closer to me, towering over me.
"I'm gonna ask nicely once more, where is the file?"
Rolling my eyes, I lean back against the headboard giving him a bored look.
"I'm an assassin Connor, not part of the mafia. How would I know where their most prized possession is?"
"Because you're Luciano's most prized possession Alessa. Or should I call you Donna?"
The smirk on his face sends chills down my spine but I maintain my cool facade.
"The only person who can tell you the location of said file is Luciano and something tells me that conversation is not gonna go so well."
Connor sighs, clenching his fists tightly. Giving me a tight smile, he says"well, looks like we're gonna have to wait for him then. Perhaps with a little encouragement, he would talk."
I burst out laughing, shaking my head at him.
"Luciano and I may be sleeping together Connor but his priority will always be the mafia. You're an idiot if you think he will give that up for me."
"I wouldn't be so sure about that, darling."
He says before leaving the room. Closing my eyes briefly, I send a silent prayer that Luciano read my letter and listens to me.
You're an idiot if you think he's not coming for you.
Then, I need to get this done before he gets here.

Not even 10 minutes later, the door slams open so hard I'm surprised it hasn't fallen off the hinges. Connor storms in, Liam behind him seething.
"You bitch." He yells, slapping me so hard my vision goes black for a while. I taste the distinct metallic flavour of blood on my lips, flexing my jaw.
Connor grabs a tablet from Liam, practically shoving it in my face.
"What the hell did you do?"
I raise an eyebrow lazily, spitting out blood near him. His lips curl up in disgust and anger before I'm rewarded with a hard kick to my ribs. A sharp crack fills the air and I force myself to take shallow breaths, afraid of puncturing my lungs.
"Fix this. Now!"
Leaning back against the headboard, I take a few breaths before speaking, my voice rough and hoarse.
"Fix what?"
"Whatever the hell you did to our systems."
"Ohh that."
"Yes, that. Fix this now."
I begin to shrug, immediately regretting it as pain flares through my body.
"Hate to break it to you buddy. It's irreversible."
Crack.
There goes another rib I think to myself as I inhale sharply, biting my tongue to stop the scream coming out of my throat.
"Hurting me isn't gonna fix your systems."
"Oh but it is gonna hurt someone else." Connor says, an evil glint in his eyes.
"Tell me Alessa. Should I let you watch Luciano die or should I let him watch you die?"
I glare at him icily and I can see Liam pale slightly behind him.
Connor chuckles at me, "either way, the both of you aren't leaving here alive."
Just then, his phone rings and he leaves the room with Liam. I take a deep breath, momentarily forgetting about my broken ribs.
"Fuck."
Last night after Luciano was fast asleep, I had hacked into their system through a backdoor and planted a programme I had been working on. I hadn't tested it yet so I could only pray that it worked. Looks like it did since Connor's entire systems has crashed, not only leaving his mansion defenceless and unarmed but he had just lost every single data he had been collecting along with his money in various offshore accounts. Connor O'Sullivan was back at square one.

The door opens again, Connor coming into view with two of his men.
"Hold her down." He barks and the men immediately hold me down. It doesn't matter how much i fight, they overpowered me and my ribs were restricting my movement. Connor's eyes have a slightly wild crazed look in them as he smirks evilly.
"Your Don is here for you Alessa. Should we go say hi?"
My blood runs cold and in the distance, I can hear gunshots.
Connor approaches me, leaning down with a needle in his hand.
No no no no. Fuck no. I try kicking him, but to no avail. I'm pinned down, completely defenceless.
"I'm sorry to have to do this but you're too dangerous, Alessa darling." He plunges the needle into my arm and I scream in pain and anger.
Within seconds, my vision starts to turn blurry and I lose feeling in my limbs. I can vaguely feel someone uncuff me and lift me from the bed. A scream fills the room and it takes me a minute to realise that it's mine. I'm leaning against a solid body, head spinning as I sag against them. A loud bang vibrates the room and through my half lidded gaze, I can see the outline of figures in the doorway, their arms pointing something towards us. I think I hear someone scream my name but I'm too far gone at this point, succumbing to the darkness.