Chapter 29

"Ready?"
Luciano nods, a smile on his face. I see right through it though- poor guy is so nervous and terrified. We're standing outside our bedroom door, my hands over his eyes. To be honest, I was just as nervous as him. I tried my best to channel both of our personalities and make the room ours but I was still nervous. I really wanted him to like it. Taking a deep breath, I pushed open the door and gently guided him in. Mentally counting to three in my head, I remove my hands from his eyes and take a step to the back, watching his expression closely while wringing my hands together.
Luciano opens his eyes, immediately zeroing in on the previously black wall in front of him. I smother a laugh as I see relief wash over him before he slowly turns 360°, eyes taking in every small detail. I hadn't done much changes since I already liked the room the way it was earlier but I had added some finishing touches to transform it from a bachelor pad to something more..homely. That was the word. When I first entered Luciano's room months ago, I fell in love with the minimalistic design but it lacked comfort and happiness if that made sense. It didn't feel like a room that was lived in, instead it gave off the same vibes as a luxurious hotel suite. Luxury without comfort. He didn't have any pictures on the walls, no personal items. The walls were bare, just like the bedside tables. His walk in wardrobe was neatly arranged cuz Luciano was a little OCD like that but it was all black. Black suits, black shirts, black pants. The closest thing to colour that he had was dark grey.

I had repainted the black wall with a beautiful blue gradient wall. It started with a light ocean blue before gradually turning into a dark blue. It also had the imprint of a huge wolf, the mafia's symbol in the background. It wasn't obvious but during sunrise and sunset or in a dim setting, you could see it's outline. I had also changed the furniture from its original black to the a beautiful dark oak. Nothing too fancy or flashy. I was aiming for a homely vibe just like the rest of the house. I also put a few pictures of us on the bedside table and in the centre of the room, hung a pretty big painting of me and Luciano. I had hired an artist I knew from one of my earlier assignments. She wasn't actually a full time artist, only painting for close friends and family. When I was going through my phone the other day, I stumbled upon a candid that Emilia had sent me a few weeks ago. It was of me and Luciano in each other's embrace, huge smiles on our face as I laughed at something he said. He was staring down at me with this look of love and adoration and I immediately fell in love with it. So I had it transformed into a oil painting and boy was it a beauty. I didn't make it too big though, instead leaving space on the wall for other portraits. Hopefully, ones with our future children. I also rearranged his closet a little, upgrading some of its features such as a shelves hidden in the wall to place his collection of watches, cuff links and so on. There was also another wall which I transformed into a panic room. The house did have a huge panic room downstairs but I figured if god forbid, we were in a situation that didn't allow us time to get downstairs, we had one in our room complete with a arsenal of weapons.

Luciano turns towards me, a look of disbelief etched on his face. Oh shit, he hated it.
Before he could say anything, I open my mouth, panic evident in my voice.
"You hate it don't you? I knew I should have asked you before confirming the plans but I wanted to surprise you. It's okay, we can do it all over again. I'll pay for it. We-we can redo it your way and mmph"
My rant is cut off by Luciano's lips slamming mine with urgency yet tenderness. We slowly break apart as I stare at him wide eyed and dazed. He chuckles at my reaction, cupping my face lovingly.
"You're fucking adorable you know?"
"Uhh thank you?"
He laughs, pecking me once more before wrapping his arm around my waist, bringing me into his warm embrace.
"Soo does this mean you like it?" I ask tentatively.
He sends me a dry look before replying.
"I love it amore. This is just-it's amazing."
"How did you even get that wolf imprint on the wall?"
"Ohh don't even ask. It's crazy how much talent and creativity some people have." I say thinking back to the design team that made this happen.
"Well, I couldn't be happier with how this turned out. I mean, baby I-I'm speechless."
Leaning up to kiss his cheek, I hold him close.
"I'm glad you like our room."
"You know what's my favourite feature? That wall right there." He says pointing to the wall with our picture on it.
"Hmm it's my favourite too."
"You know what's the next picture going up?"
I raise my eyebrows at him, "what?"
"Our wedding picture."
"Is that a proposal Moretti?"
He smirks that smirk I love, "cmon Morino. Don't insult me like that."
"Ehh, you're not exactly Mr Romantic."
Huge lie by the way.
Luciano plays along, taking the bait.
Stepping closer to me, he lowers his voice  seductively.
"Now now Ms Morino that wasn't a nice thing to say to the father of your future children."
"Someone's confident."
"Confident enough to know that the next portrait on the wall after our wedding will be one of our kids."
I can't help but just stare at him wondering how on earth I got so lucky.
"How's that for romantic?" Luciano says smirking arrogantly.
"I'm gonna hold you to it, Vincenzo."
"Good." Is all he says before capturing my lips in a searing kiss.