Chapter 14

"Is this seat taken?"

I turn my head slightly, my eyes falling on the one and only Dexter Williams. He has what he thinks is a seductive but looks more like he's constipated smirk on his face as his eyes roam my body unashamedly. I paste a seductive smirk on my face and shake my head.

"No, go ahead."

He takes his seat, ordering a whisky from the bartender. Out from the corner of my eye, I notice him subtly motion to his bodyguard, his head tilting slightly towards me. I grin mentallly, knowing that they were about to run a background check on me.

"I'm Dexter. Dexter Williams."

"I know who you are. I'm Rayna. Rayna Richards."

"Well then, Rayna. What is a beautiful girl like you doing in a place like this?"

I raise an eyebrow at him, "take a guess."

He taps his chin thoughtfully, "Well, you're sitting alone at the bar meaning you either came alone or got dumped by your date. However, there is no way a sane man would not want you on his arm so I'm gonna go with the former."

I smirk, pretending to be impressed. "Go on."

"You don't look like someone who dabbles in drugs or people. Weapons?"

"Counterfeit currrency. Although you're not so far off about the weapons part."

He looks interested at my statement, "How is that?"

"I've been looking to acquire a few weapons recently. Word is you're the man for the job."

"You heard right. Anything specific?"

I laugh lightly, eyes scanning my surroundings. "I don't talk business in public, Mr Williams. You never know who's listening."

"Call me Dexter please. And I like a smart woman."

I smile, downing my drink. Handing him my business card, making sure my hand lingered a little longer and trailed seductively, I stood up giving him a good view of my legs.

"Perhaps we can discuss this when you're free."

He stands up, eyes clouded with lust as he scanned my dress.

"As a matter of fact, I'm free right now. If you're up to it, we could continue this discussion at my place. I have a few..weapons I'm sure you'd like to see."

Gag. I have a few weapons? Seriously how was this guy considered a womaniser?

I take a step closer to him, making sure he got a good look at my cleavage. Lowering my voice to a slightly throaty tone, I say lowly, "As long as those weapons are big..and hard."

I smirk as he gulps, hands coming to rest on my waist.

"Trust me darling, they're rock hard."

With that, he offers me his hand and I take it. We walk out to his car, surrounded by his bodyguards. I can see the Mercedes I came in at the far corner of the parking lot, Luciano's men staring at me inconspicuously but I knew they were internally panicking. I couldn't blame them, me leaving with Dexter was not part of the plan. It was a dangerous move, one that could get me killed but this was our only chance. I subtly shake my head at them, hoping they get my message not to follow me as I get into Dexter's car.

To his credit, Dexter doesn't try anything in the car as we head to his home. 20 minutes later, we pull up at his mansion. My brain immediately compares it to Luciano's, hating this one. It's flashy and tacky and the inside is just as opulent as I expected it to be. But it's cold, gaudy, feeling more like a show house than an actual home. Dexter tells his guards not to disturb us and leads me up to his room.