Chapter 28

"She was the mole? Really?" I stare at Luciano in shock, as he nods grimly.
"What-how?"
"Connor approached her at some club and flipped her. I'm pretty sure they were sleeping together but yeah, Brianna was the mole. She had it in for you and she wanted to exact revenge on me for not making her my Donna."

"I gotta admit, I never saw that coming."
"Who did you think was the mole?"
"Honestly, I had no idea. I thought it might be one of your men who wanted to climb the ranks the easy way."
"I'm not gonna lie to you baby, my mind kept going through all my men and any reason they would have to do this. I'm just glad it wasn't one of them. Loyalty is very important in this business."
I nod in agreement. We could be the strongest mafia in the world but if our own house was chaos, it would be our downfall.

"I've been meaning to ask you. Why don't you redecorate our room?" Luciano looks at me as I attempt to sit comfortably on his couch in his office. All my injuries had pretty much healed but my broken ribs were gonna take a little longer. They weren't as painful anymore but it still felt uncomfortable when I sat for too long.
He notices my wince and immediately rushes to my side.
"Why don't you go -"
"I swear to god Vincenzo, if you tell me to go lie down, I will strangle you." I send him a sharp glare, making him gulp a little.
"But-"
"I'm fine. I'm not disabled. I know you love me but you're smothering me."
Which was true. Ever since that day, all of them were fussing over me like a little child. I wasn't allowed to do any work or cook. I didn't have a job anymore since I quit the CCC but they wouldn't even let me near a laptop to do..anything. I was grateful and I knew they were just taking care of me but I was still getting used to all this. And I was going stark crazy in the house.

A look of understanding dawns on Luciano's face as he takes a seat beside me, pulling me gently on his lap.
"I'm sorry dolchezza. I just hate seeing you hurt."
Sighing, I lean against his warm hard chest, inhaling that signature cologne that I love so much.
"I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to snap. It's just so frustrating not feeling like my usual self. And I know you guys mean well but hovering over me is starting to make me feel antsy."

He places a kiss on my head before cupping my cheek.
"I understand. I promise to not hover and I'll tell the others too."
"Thank you. Now what were you saying about your room?"
"Our room. I was thinking you could redecorate it. Make it ours."
A smile blooms across my face without warning.
"Really?"
Luciano chuckles at my excitement.
"I didn't know you love interior designing."
"I don't. I'm so bored I might start spring cleaning."
He laughs shaking his head at me.  "Damn and you hate cleaning."
"Exactly."
"So how do you want our room to be?"
"Do what you want amore. I'll be happy as long as you're happy."
A mischievous thought creeps into my head and I look at him innocently.
"I was thinking of repainting your black wall with a pink shade."
Luciano pales a little but quickly puts on his poker face.
"I thought you hated pink and black was your favourite colour."
"It is but I feel like a black wall is too masculine  y'know. And a light pink would look beautiful with some lacy curtains. Maybe change the furniture to white instead of the oak that we have now."
It takes everything in me to keep a straight face. Luciano looks terrified, absolutely regretting his decision but the poor guy is trying his best to not show it.
He swallows hard before nodding.
"That..that sounds lovely baby."
I give him a sweet peck before getting off his lap.
"I'll go discuss this with the girls. I'm sure they'll have some amazing ideas as well."
He manages a weak smile and I shut the door behind me. Only when I reach the kitchen, so I allow myself to burst out in laughter. Emilia and Giada are in there preparing dinner and they look at me wide eyed when they see me walk in, clutching my stomach in hysterics.

"I think she's finally gone crazy." Emilia mock whispers to her mother who swats her arm.
"Sweetie, everything okay?"
I hold a finger up, asking them to give me a minute to catch my breath. Taking a deep breath, I perch on the bar stool at the island. With a mischievous grin plastered on my face, I proceed to tell them my plan.