Chapter 21

I burrow further into my warm pillow, smiling when the pillow hugs me back tighter. My fuzzy brain takes a minute to register that pillows aren't supposed to move. I open my eyes and come face to face with a bare chiseled chest. I'm about to flip the person over when I hear a sleepy groan above me.
"Go back to sleep, dolchezza."
I look up and find Luciano staring down at me, his eyes hooded with sleep, looking sexy as sin. His morning voice was low and deeper than usual, tinged with sleepiness. I do not mind waking up to this every morning. Neither do I. Woah woah hold your horses Alessandra. We're taking this slow.
"Good Morning." I say quietly and he smiles, pulling me closer to him.
"It's a very good morning indeed." I blush at his words. Yup, I have no idea where independent, feisty, feminist Aleesandra went.
"How's your arm?" I ask looking at his stitches.
"It's fine. Just a little sore."
Worry flashes across my eyes as I sigh, "You guys got lucky last night. We need to end this soon Vincenzo before someone gets killed."
He nods, face darkening for a minute.
"I agree with you. I have to go back to the club today to deal with the mess. Maybe torture some people and then we could grab lunch?
I grin at him, glee apparent on my face.
"You read my mind."
I make a move to get up when he pulls me back down, basically laying me across his chest.
"Just a few more minutes."
I stare at him, laughing as he pouts.
"Okay."
We just lay there in silence, enjoying each other's company.
"I could get used to this." He says, running his fingers through my hair.
"Hmm?" I say distractedly, tracing patterns across his chest, looking at his tattoos.
"I could get used to this. Waking up next to you every morning. Having a good nights sleep."
I smile at him shyly, "yeah me too. I can't remember the last time I slept through the night."
He hums contently as I continue tracing his tattoos. He had a tattoo of the mafia's symbol, a wolf on his chest. He also had a very intricate cross on his chest. His biceps had a beautiful fallen angel inked. I liked that he didn't cover his whole body with tattoos, just ones that meant something to him.
"Do you have any?" He asks, eyes watching me relaxed as I lazily trace his tattoos.
"Two. " His eyebrows shoot up in surprise.
"Can I see them?"
I nod, sitting up. He opens his mouth to protest my change of position but no words come out as I take off my tank top, leaving me in my black bra. I'm not gonna lie, it is pretty empowering to know that I could make the Italian Don speechless.
Luciano's eyes roam my body, dark and appraising. He lets out an appreciative growl and I can't help but blush. To my surprise, I didn't feel shy or cheap. I felt beautiful, wanted and dare I say, sexy.
I point to my hips and his gaze follows my movement, almost like in a trance. His arms lift up to trace my tattoo of a Phoenix rising from the ashes. A shiver runs down my spine as his warm touch lightly touches my skin.
"It's beautiful."
"Thank you. I have another one that's pretty similar to yours." I turn around, facing my back towards him so that he could see the tattoo of the fallen angel wings I had across my shoulder blades with a cross intertwined in the center.
He gently pushes my hair over my shoulder so that he could trace the tattoo. He chuckles and I turn my head slightly, looking at him over my shoulder.
"What?"
"Nothing. It's just..its pretty amazing that you and I have similar tattoos. Ah shit, what the hell are you doing to me cara? I'm starting to spout corny shit now."
I burst out laughing at his tone, putting my tank top back on. I get off the bed, narrowly escaping his attempts to pull me back in, smirking cheekily when I succeed.
"You've always been corny."
A challenging glint enters his eyes as he stands up swiftly and my eyes widen.
"Oh really?"
"Uh huh. I'm gonna go take a shower."
He stalks towards me as I take a step back towards the door.
"We could shower together. Save water and all that."
I gulp as my brain starts projecting images of Luciano naked in the shower.
"Uhh..maybe some other time. I should get going. Don't wanna be late."
With that, I dash out of the door, Luciano's laughter echoing after me. Going down the stairs, I enter my room without bumping into anyone. I was thankful for that because I didn't know how to explain me coming down from his floor in the morning. I wasn't sure if Luciano wanted the others to know that we were...whatever we were. I had no intention of hiding it but I wasn't exactly planning to shout it from the rooftops. Not right now. After my shower, I dry off and blow dry my hair. Walking into my walk in closet, I sift through my clothes wanting to put a little effort into my appearance. Since we would be balancing work and play, I decide on a pant suit with an oversized blazer and a corset top.