chapter I

Laxus' P.O.V

I was discussing with my team if we could invite lucy into the team. "Yes! I agree. I would have another girl to talk and shop with." Evergreen says happily. "Fine with me. I can get a better look at cosplayer's ass this way. Hahaha! Just joking. She's like a sister. Of course I want her on the team. " bixlow says. "I agree with her being like a sister. I am concerned for her well being. She was asking me the other day if it was normal to feel faint and lose weight with the amount of missions her team has been dragging her on. To add to it her team dragged her on a S-class mission just as we finished discussing her health. I definitely want her on the team." Freed says. "Do what?" I say getting angry. "What do you mean laxus-sama?" Freed asks me. "About lucy's health say all that again." I growl. He nods " Lucy's health was plummeting because her team is over- working her." He simplifies it. I was about to stand up and complain to master about this when the guild doors open and her scent wafts in. I look and see her dragging her team in the guild battered and bruise, her the worst of them all. Natsu and Gray on her back and erza in her arms. "Can I..get some help...I need wendy..." she says hoarsely. "Bunny girl! Are you ok?" Gajeel says running up to her with levy in tow. "I'll be fine just help Natsu and the others...first..." she says falling to her knees. Freed shoots out of his chair and stomps down the stairs. He roughly throws natsu on his shoulder. " that's enough lucy. Consider your own health for once. You have more severe injuries than these buffoons on your team." He growls.

Lucy's P.O.V

I had Natsu and gray on my back while I half dragged and half carried erza with the one arm and the other supporting the boys on my back. I was hunching over while limping towards the guild at the fastest pace I could. Natsu and gray caused the train to wreck in one of their fights causing me to take the brunt of the crash adding to my already nasty injuries. The others knocked out by such little force from the crash. As I entered the guild I hoarsely asked for help. Gajeel and levy run up to me. Gajeel asks if I'm ok. "I'll be fine just help natsu and the others..first.." I say as I fall to my knees from exhaustion. I notice freed sling natsu over his shoulders. " that's enough lucy. Consider your own health for once you have more severe injuries than these buffoons on your team." He growls and walks to the infirmary. I struggle to stand back up and lift gray back onto my back. I heave Erza on my back too. I limp to the infirmary. Once there freed had already set natsu down and was turning around. I ignored his surprised expression and carefully laid erza on one of the beds and gray on another. "Out. I need to tend to their wounds and I can't do so with you in here." I whisper losing my voice. He just nods and tells me he'll get wendy. He leaves and I begin to take Erza's armor off. Once I have her armor and clothes other than her undergarments off I treat her wounds wrapping them in bandages. I dress erza. I cover her with the blankets and head out of the room. As I open the door freed and wendy are rushing towards me. "Who needs healing first?!" Wendy panics. I pint to my group and walk into the guild hall. I ignore everyone's pleas to stay and let wendy heal me and head home. As I enter my apartment Virgo and Aquarius appear. "Virgo? Aquarius? " I whisper. "Listen brat I know you care for other people more than you do yourself but let us bandage you. You'll die of blood loss if you don't let us." Aquarius says with tears in her eyes. I just nod and sit down in the kitchen. Aquarius hugs me and braids my hair the whole time. My hair grows longer due to her being a mermaid and me being part mermaid.my hair turns back to its original color,tan-white (a.n look at 6 in the multimedia). "Sorry lucy. Your hair went back." Aquarius apologizes. "It's fine. I missed it. I'm leaving it like this from now on. I won't cut it anymore either." I say as Virgo finishes wrapping me. "Can I style you the way you used to dress again??" She asks hopeful. I giggle and nod. She squeals and disappears to get my old clothing. I sigh. "Hime? Does this mean you're going to reveal yourself to the guild?" Virgo asks standing up. I nod. "Alright hime. Punishment? " she asks. "No! Thank you virgo. You may go now." I say and she bows and disappears. I hear a knock on my door and walk to the door. When I open the door I see gildarts. "Hello lucy. I was wondering If I cou- what happened to you? !" He screams in the middle of his sentence noticing the many bandages. I sigh and invite him in. I make us tea and sit down. I explain the mission and what happened and how I got to the guild. "Stupid natsu..." he mutters angrily. The mission was to take down a dark guild and a large demon. I ended up doing both by myself since the others were defeated. "Anyways I came here to ask if I could train you in my magic? I started to think of you as a daughter since I came back from my 100-year quest but never got the chance to ask you." He explains. "I would love that. Although I have a feeling you won't think that much longer." I say looking down. "Why's that?" He asks. I explain how I'm part mermaid, fairy, and human along with my magics. "I still feel the same about you being a daughter to me. Who you are and what you are doesn't matter to family. So van I adopt you lucy?" He asks. I smile with tears streaming down my face and nod. He smiles and wipes my tears away. "I'll train you once you're healed. I'll go ahead and have your own shift made in the city." He says standing up. " get some rest. Bye lucy!" He says showing himself out the door. I giggle and lay down on my bed. I soon fall asleep.