Chapter IV

Freed's P.O.V

I heard Lucy call me mom and I didn't know it was a joke. I told her that she didn't have a mother that her mother was dead. I then realized my mistake when she stopped dead in her tracks. " It was a joke and thanks...for a painful reminder..Justine. I'm going out." She says and starts to leave. "Lucy...no...wait...wait!" I stutter. She ignores me and leaves. "Freed!" Bixlow yells. "I didn't mean to! I didn't think it was a joke!!" I yell, surprising everyone but bixlow.  "Well you said it! You know how she is on her mother's subject! Would you quit being stupid and think! She could be crying because you!" He yells. We crash heads like Natsu and Gray. We start calling each other names and soon enough we are punching each other. I get this feeling lucy's in trouble. It's another sense since she's so special to me like a little sister. Apparently Bixlow felt it too. We stopped fighting and faced the door with horror. "Lucy!" We scream. As we were about to race out the door to find her Laxus grabs us by the collar. "Explain why you guys suddenly go from fighting to scared." He demands. Bixlow and me explain how if she's in danger and can't defend herself it's like a feeling and we know. His eyes widen and he runs out. "It must be something big if she can't fight it! Or at least defend herself!" I scream as we run. Bixlow nods. Laxus was leading us to Lucy.

Lucy's P.O.V

"This is the Mermaid's Death Pool!" I yell. I start to back away but I can't move. 'Come...' I hear. "No! Let me go!!" I yell crying. 'Come..'it whispers softly. I begin to feel my strength to fight it leave me unwillingly. 'Come...swim for awhile...' it whispers again. My body moves unwillingly towards the pool.'freed!! Bixlow!! Help mee!! Mermaid portal!' I scream in my head. Soon the portal appears at the other end of the clearing. I soon hear their thundering footsteps coming towards me from the portal. 'Hurry...swim for awhile..' it whispers. I'm right in front of the pool. As I am in the middle of the pool freed, Bixlow,  and laxus appear. My eyes go dark and I fall on my butt. I look up to them in hazy eyes. "H..el..p.." I manage to whisper before the pool turns me to stone. I fall into darkness.

Bixlow's P.O.V

"H...el...p..." she whispers to us before she turns to stone. I look at freed with wide eyes. We know what this place is. "Mermaid's Death Pool." I whisper. His eyes widen and he runs to lucy. I grab him before he can get any closer. "You'll die instantly! We need evergreen. Lucy has 3 minutes before she'll die we have to hurry.  Laxus lightning teleport to evergreen and bring her here!" I yell. He nods and disappears. A couple seconds later a frazzled Evergreen and laxus show up. She runs over to lucy and gets as close as she can. She takes her glasses off and her eyes glow red in her pupils.

Evergreen's P.O.V

Laxus had came and teleported us to who knows where. I saw lucy in stone and rushed over. I looked over the stone. It was amateur and old styled. I take my glasses off and begin to work.

Lucy's P.O.V

I see a light in all of this darkness. I try and get over to it but I'm pulled back. "Let me go.." I cry to the force pulling me back. I pull harder and it let's go. I rush over to the light but as I was close the force drags me back farther. 'You're destined to die here.. stay..' it says. "I won't be destined to die in the hell hole!' I scream and pull forward. The force let's go and I rush into the bright light. I open my eyes and see I'm laying in the hotel room. "Nngh.." I groan sitting up. I look around and see all the other beds are empty. I hear everyone talking in the kitchen. "When do you think she'll wake up?" "I don't know." "How'd she even get controlled like that? It's not like her." "Maybe..she got caught cause of my rudeness to her earlier..she probably wasn't paying attention and got caught." I hear freed say sadly.  I heard enough. I stand up but stumble a bit. I make my way to the kitchen by leaning on the wall. I stand leaning on the door waiting for them to notice me. They all go quiet and stare at the table suddenly. "She would be happy and unharmed if I hadn't of said what I did. " Freed mutters. "Quit beating yourself up. It's my fault I got stuck in the place. I knew what it was and lost the will to fight it cause I'm not strong enough. You didn't know I was joking earlier either so it's my fault for it all." I say loudly. He spins around to face me with a shocked expression. "Lucy.." he whispers. He runs up and hugs me and so does bixlow. " we thought you weren't going to wake up!  You barely had a pulse!" bixlow says. "Lucy you should rest. After what happened I can tell it drained in more ways than one." Freed says grabbing my arm gently. "You're freezing!!" He yells. I just look at him confused. He puts his fingers to my wrist, taking my pulse. "You..barely have a pulse still." He whispers. I just shrug. "You don't feel different?" Evergreen asks. "Just a bit. It takes a lot of effort to move and although I'm not tired my eyes are heavy. " I admit.  "Well get some rest ok?" Laxus grumbles picking me up by my back collar and taking me to the bed. He lays me down and covers me up." Don't scare me like that again..I love you." He whispers turning around to walk away. "I love you too..."I whisper falling asleep.