Chapter Ten

Australia's POV

     I walked into the cafe my family always met at. Every month we have a family meeting. We get together to eat and talk, it's our way of staying connected. I saw my parents and my brother sitting at a far table. Walking up to them I realized something was off. Mom was crying and Dad was comforting her. New Zealand, my brother, had one of his hands over his mouth and had a worried expression. "Mom, Dad, Zea... what's going on?" I asked confused. "Australia... It's your brother." Dad said. "He collapsed today. Canada and Mexico took him to the hospital. Canada just called me, so we waited for you. We're going to head over now." I just stared at him, dumbfounded. I snapped out of it and nodded, but I was unable to say anything. We loaded into my dad's car and started to drive to the hospital. Everyone was silent, and a heavy sense of dread hung in the air.

     We pulled up to the hospital and hurried inside. I finally recovered from the shock of what had happened and started sprinting towards the door. America didn't get hurt. He had always been the strongest, the bravest, the run-into-fire-to-save-you type. I hope he was okay... god... America... if you die...

     I slammed my hands on the front desk. "I'm here for my brother, America!" I had always been a blunt person, so this was all I could think to say. The nurse behind the counter looked at me dumbfounded. "Umm... r-.room 237" she studered. I jogged through the hospital, reaching Mica's room.

     "Brother!" I exclaimed as I slid into the room. America jolted awake. He winced as he moved his leg a little. "Aussie. What the hell..." Meri whisper-shouted. "Quiet down!" America gestured to a sleeping Mexico. "I thought you were dying!" I said whispering. "I'll be fine... why were you so worried?" he asked. I was pissed at America now. "What do you mean 'why were you so worried'. You are my brother. Plus Nada didn't give any details when he called Dad. For all we know you could have had a stroke or something!" I looked over to see his right thigh wrapped up in white bandages. "Speaking of that, what actually happened?" I asked. America looked towards the wall, mumbling something. "What was that? I can't hear you." I said teasingly. America probably did something stupid and reckless that brought him here. Same old Meri. (America has a lot of nicknames, his favorite one is Mica because it's manly (he actually likes Meri, but don't tell anyone). Most of his friends call him Ame. Close friends and people aiming to piss him off call him Meri.) "I got... bit by an alligator..." I burst out laughing. "W-what the hell w-were.... you doing to piss of an alligator! Those... guys are pretty... mellow!" My speech was cut into chunks as I laughed. America scowled at me. "You do know your the only person I know that says that."

     I walked over to America and smacked his leg. He gritted his teeth. "Ow! What the fucking hell Australia!" I chuckled. "That's for worrying me you bugger."

"I hate you"

"You love me"

     He glared at me. Then, his face lightened into a smile. "Thanks for coming you asshole." I gave him a fist bump. "Anything for my big bro."

     "Hate to interrupt the reunion. But your brotherly love is giving me a headache." Mex grumbled, lifting her head off the edge of the bed. "Oh no... Aussie... the beast awakes!" Meri exclaims in mock fear. Mex reaches over and slaps Meri leg in the same place. America stopped talking and gritted his teeth together. "Hey look! I found the button that shuts him up!"

This is my favorite chapter! I had so much fun writing this. I hope no one is offended by this chapter. Stay strong Australia!

Love Ya'll