Chapter Twenty Three

Nobody's POV

     Mica started back at his family with a smile on his face. Each of them looked at him with a questioning expression. "Ame, please tell us what happened in DC. You came back exhausted and slept for over nine hours." His brother said in a desperate tone. " You guys don't need to worry about it, I got it covered!" Mica replied, never letting the pleasant expression leave his face. His father stepped out of the group and up to his son, placing his hands on his shoulders. " Son, stop this. You're smiling, but I can see the dark rings under your eyes. When was the last time you thought about yourself?" He asked. Mica's brow wrinkled a bit. "It's my country. Why do you guys care?" He asked. "Because you're my bloody son!" England screeched. "I really appreciate you guys helping me while I recover, but I'm fine now. This is how it's been for centuries. I run my nation by myself, and I always end up figuring it out." America suddenly felt a little light headed. "Dad, you don't have to... We want to help!" Nasa and DC stepped out from the shadows at the back of the office. "We're not children anymore. You don't need to protect us like you always have." DC said. Mica was taken aback slightly by this. He knew how stubborn DC could be, she was going to be relentless until he let her help. "I am your father. I have fought many wars. I have built a superpower from nothing but a volunteer militia. I have cared for over 60 kids for decades. I can do this, I've always done this." America felt a sharp pain in his temple, and was suddenly plummeting towards the floor. He felt long, warm arms snake under his arms and hold him up. He looked up and saw his brother. "But you don't have to do it alone." He said. "I don't?" Mica asked as tears formed in his eyes. "No. You never had to." Nada picked his brother up bridal style and laid him on the couch that was in the room. "Now... Please tell us what is going on." Canada said. America, who was crying by now, took a deep breath. "Okay." The countries, capital and organization gathered around and all found a place to sit. "This virus had really taken a toll on the country. Several states have suspended the in-person operation of schools. Many offices are working from home. Restaurants and bars are closed. There are shortages of paper goods, frozen food, meat and other essentials. The economy is extremely unstable, it's been giving me major headaches all day. The lives of my people have been altered... everyone is so afraid." America stopped to breath for a minute. "Worst of all... I can feel this weird split in the country (this is just for the story, this is not real events). I'm afraid that there will be a rebellion. I can't have another Civil War, I won't let my people die like that ever again. I- I don't know what to do." The room was silent for a moment. All of them had been affected by the virus. Italy was in chaos, China was quarantined and other countries were near that point. But, all of them were supported by the other nations. Why did America think he had to fight this monster alone? "Brother, you don't need to worry. We will find a way to prevent the virus. And if, god forbid, you somehow enter another civil war I will help you win. We are here to help!" Canada said. "You have my country's support as well." Mexico said. "You can count on my armies coming to your aid as well." Britain said. "What the hell, I'll help out!" Ukraine said. "We promise to fight for our country!" NASA and DC agreed. America smiled at the people in front of him. "Well damn... I really do have the best family in the world."

In The City...

     A tall, lanky woman walked through an office building. Humans scurried around her, each of them dressed in formal office outfits with American flag sewn to their sleeves. The lady had a navy blue face with a silver star in the center and a white line horizontally across her face. She had long white hair and glowing red eyes. Her month contained pearly white fangs, she was completely terrifying. But... there was something charming about her. The way she walked fluidly demanded respect. Her eyes were hypnotizing and she radiated power. One of the women rammed into her, falling onto the ground. "I.. I'm sorry miss... I..." The woman stuttered as she gazed into her eyes. "Hello... What is your name?" She asked. "A-Andrea." The frightened women said. "Andrea, what a lovely name... Say, how about I treat you to some lunch?" The strange lady asked. "I-I have a shift to work. My country needs me to work." Andrea commented. "Oh sweet child." The red-eyed woman cooed. "You won't be needing this anymore." She reached up and tore the flag from the woman's sleeve and threw it to the ground. "I have a better one..." She held out a flag identical to the one on her face to Andrea. Andrea hesitated for a minuet before taking the flag patch from her hand. She led Andrea out of the office building and the two walked the city streets. "Who-who are you?" Andrea asked. "You may call me the Union of Veritas..."

The Next Day

     "DAAAAAAAD. THERE'S NO TOILET PAPER!!!!" Nebraska shouted from upstairs. "USE THE TISSUES!" America shouted back. "We really need to restock the paper goods..." He said to Mex, who was sitting next to him. "That's what you get for importing everything from me and China." She said smugly. "Last time I checked Tacos don't speak." America grumbled at Mex. "¿Qué demonios acabas de decir?" Mexico said, a dark aura surrounding her. "Fight me bitch!" America yelled as he started hoping out of the room (He's still hurt remember). Mexico started chasing him, sandal in hand.

     Canada groaned. "Why does he intentionally pissed her off?" He asked England and Ukraine. "Америка ніколи не змінюється" Ukie sighed. "He's always been a bit of a rebel (understatement of the year) and does what he wants. At least the git is not a push over..." England said.