Chapter Twenty Eight

Dang, I need a regular updating times! I tried to make this one longer, and now I think it's too long... welp. Also, I mention Instagram, YouTube and Twitter in this chapter. I do not own any of these. I know everyone probably knows this, but you never know! Enjoy!

  Ohio scowled at Dixie. He didn't trust him, not one bit. Not many of the Northern states really saw how awful the slaves were treated. The majority of the underground railroad stops came through his states, and he helped countless slaves reach freedom. Sometimes he even ventured into the southern states and helped the slaves escape from there. He had actually been caught helping them escape and was shot more than once. Those were the moments that being immortal came in handy, the runaway slaves weren't as lucky though. He was thrown in prison for helping the slaves another time. He was there for four weeks before the people who captured him allowed America to bail him out. He considered all of it worth it though.

     He also fought in the Civil War, despite only being the physical age of 8 at the time. He ran supplies between different Union stations. He was at the battle of Gettysburg, pulling his injured brother through the battlefield. Pennsylvania had collapsed near the end of the battle, the sheer amount of soldiers dying on his land overwhelmed him. As he carried him to safety, Ohio looked over the battlefield and caught a glimpse of the Confederacy. He drove his bayonet through a Union soldier's chest and quickly pulled it out. Whirling around he was met with another young man dressed in blue. That man too was slayed by the personification. Ohio looked away as he ruthlessly killed countless soldiers. He had found a safe place under a cobblestone bridge, where he watched the end of the battle. America charged at the Confederacy. The two powers clashed, gun against gun. Confederacy shot his North brother in the arm, America stabbed Confederacy in the leg. After what seemed like an eternity of fighting, America brought his brother to his knees, gun aimed towards his head.

"I'm sorry brother."

"Don't be. I started it."

"I never wanted to fight."

"I did what my people wanted."

"I know."

"I guess this is goodbye."

"Goodbye, my friend."

     America slammed the butt off his gun into the side of Dixie's head and the South fell to the ground, defeated. Ohio watch for a moment as his father stood there. Then scrambled out from his hiding spot, dragging his bigger brother with him. "Father!" He screamed snapping the Nation out of his daze. "Ohio! Pennsylvania!" America yelled as he ran to the two. The worried father cradled his unconscious son and fussed over the other. "Are you two okay?" He asked. "I'm... alright." Ohio replied. They got no reply from Pennsylvania. The father carried both of them off the battlefield. Ohio looked back at Confederacy and wondered what would happen to him.

Ohio never told any of the other states what he had seen at Gettysburg that day.

Later

    "I don't think they like me." Dixie sighed solemnly. America laughed and punched him lightly in the arm. "Hey! At least they didn't blow your head off or set you on fire." He said, always smiling. Dixie just sighed and dropped his head down on the table with a thump. Mica just snickered. "C'mon you sad sack." He said as he pushed Dixie off the kitchen stool. Dixie yelped as he fell onto the kitchen tile. "What was that for!" He said whirling around to face his brother. "Get up! We're gonna go have brother bonding time!" America exclaimed excitedly. "What about the states?" Dixie asked confused.

     America turned and shouted around the corner. "VIRGINA!" he yelled. "YEAH?" A 14 year old state poked her head around the corner. "Put on Wreck-it-Ralph. Me and Dixie are going somewhere." He told her. "Yes sir!" She said with a dramatic salute. Virgina then turned to Dixie. "Hurt him and you'll have 60 psychotic children coming for you..." She said glaring at him. "Understood." Dixie replied quickly. America just laughed as he pushed his brother out the door. My kids are awesome.