Chapter Twenty (Forgive and Forget)

The Philippines is kinda mean in a section of this chapter. This does not express my feelings for the Philippines at all. None of my writing is intended to be political in any way shape or form. It is STRICTLY for entertainment! Sorry If I offended you. (If you go into the comments and bitch about it I'm just gonna laugh at you... but constructive criticism is fine!) P.S. I don't really think anyone is going to bitch about it, I just wanted to say that! OKAY ONTO THE CHAPTER... enjoy! 

    Hawaii's POV

     Today was a tired day, at least now it was. After everyone had cleaned up, we all sat down and watched a movie. Some of my siblings had fallen asleep and it was getting later, almost 8 o'clock.

     But as usual, peace in this house never lasted. Someone walked through the front door. Then some of the states started yelling. I ignored them though. Normally I would be curious, but I was too tired. So I curled into the blanket me and 'Laska were sharing. But then dad came, his voice stern in a way I hadn't heard in a long time.

     I slipped off the couch, and headed towards the hallway. At least 20 of my brothers and sisters had crowded into the front hall, all of them talking at once. I jumped trying, trying to see what was going on. Suddenly I was lifted over the crowd. My overly tall brother/best friend lifted onto his shoulders. "Thanks 'Laska!" I said happily.

     A familiar figure stood at the end of the hallway. He was older, but that smile was unforgettable. The same bright and shiny person I had always known. The one who loved the magnolia tree. One of my best friends in the world. And all I felt was anger. Fulling, raging anger. I had felt anger before. The attack on Pearl Harbor brought out serious anger in me, but this was different. This anger made me want to run and hide and never come out, but I also wanted to slap him at the same time. So, I just froze like a statue.

     He saw me sitting up above the rest of the states. He smiled at me. Like he had a right to smile at me. Last time I saw him he was yelling at me, cursing at me, called me the devil, and he is smiling...

1945 Flashback...

     WW2 had just ended, the Philippines returned to the United States.

     "Philip! I'm so sorry!" America cried as he rushed to the boy.

     Philip stared at the superpower blankly. "Who are you?"

     America was stunned at the boy's dull eyes. "I'm United States of America... y-you were staying with me before the war..." He said

     "Oh... you were the one that let her take me... you gave me to her..." He said, emotion returning to his eyes... fury.

     Tears welled in Mica's eyes "I'm sorry... I... I tried my best... I fought back. Why don't you just come home, we can talk and-"

     "NO! I'm not letting another monster take me away!" Philippines yelled, flinching away. He continued to back up farther and farther away. Looking towards the older man, he saw a girl hanging onto his legs. She looked so delicate, yet strong. She walked up to me.

     "Phil? What's wrong? Why don't you come home with us?" She asked me with kind eyes. Home... I don't have a home. SHE WANTS TO TAKE ME TOO. "GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled, her eyes melting into confusion. "Philip?" "I SAID GET BACK YOU DEVIL!" The girl started crying and backing away from me. She ran back hugging onto the man's legs, sobbing.

Back to the present: Philippines POV

     She was here. I knew she would be, but a small part of me feared she wasn't real. Just a dream from a forgotten life. I always associated the small girl with a flower, small and beautiful (IN A BROTHERLY WAY YOU PERVERTS!!!) But she was never a flower. Flowers bloomed in the sunshine and withered in the winter. She never withered. Not when she was bombed by Japan, not when 2400 of her people died and not now. She still radiated the innocence of a child, one that still had bright dreams. Of course she had scars, but she hadn't aged a day. I still got to see my little sister grow up! I got to apologize before it was too late! At least I hope it's not too late.

     I couldn't help but smile. I was happy to find my forgotten family again. This house held so many fond memories, and not so good ones either. No family gets along perfectly, we had skirmishes here and there. Despite these memories, I wouldn't consider this my home, at least not anymore. I had left, I had another family and another life to live. I came to see if I could have two families, if that was possible.

     I looked to my little sister, hoping to see the same joy on her face. But It wasn't there, in fact it was the opposite. A mix of anger, sadness, confusion, disgust, pain and so much more. She patted Alaska's head, who she was sitting on their shoulders. " 'Laska... put me down..." She said unsteadily. He bent down and she slipped off. She looked unsure at first, whether to run or stay. "Hawaii?" I asked. She looked at me with wide eyes and started running out of the room.

     I headed after her, pushing through the sea of kids yelling everything from questions to curses to greetings. America stood in the middle of the crowd and as I passed he grabbed my arm. "Where are you going?" He asked. I looked at the door way Hawaii had scurried out of, and America's eyes followed. He nodded at me. "Go make this right with my daughter." He said as he released me. I pushed through the last of the crowd and went to find Hawaii.

Hawaii's POV

      I don't know exactly why I ran. I had never been one to run. Yes, I was the youngest of the family, but how does that make me weaker? I am just as strong and smart as my siblings. There was so much more to me than the "little sister."

     I found myself scaling the steps two at a time and running into my bedroom. I had decorated my bedroom in tropical flowers and pictures of my family. I had a bed that hung from the ceiling, a kind of mix between a bed and a hammock. This was my safe place, my favorite room in the house. If you didn't know, every bedroom in the American household had a window seat. We had made it a tradition to decorate them depending on seasons or holidays. Right now I had a pink cushion and little valentine's day themed stuffed animals sitting there.

     I crawled among the plushies, snuggling into them. I heard my door open and stiffened.

     "Hawaii?"

     I pushed farther into the pile.

     "Can we talk?"

     I snuggled a red and pink bear.

     "Please?"

     I squeezed my eyelids shut

     "I'm sorry... I'll just... go."

     I stilled for a moment before pushing up out of the pile.

     "Wait!"

I feel really mean! Sorry, Ya'll have to wait for their conversation

The Philippines is like a big brother to Hawaii. This chapter has absolutely nothing to do with real history between them. I also don't know much about the real historical relation between The States and The Philippines when it was still a territory. I probably screwed up a bunch of stuff and If anyone wants to correct me go for it! Any comment won't hurt my feelings, I have pretty thick skin.

(The States refers to the United States of America. Just for clarification!)

Love Ya'll

TWO BROS CHILLIN' IN A HOT TUB!

FIVE FEET APART CUZ' THEY'RE NOT GAY!

sorry...