Chapter Twenty Five

America's POV

     America woke up to a completely different atmosphere. While his southern brother woke up to sunshine and chirping birds, Mica woke up to a thunderstorm and a dark sky. Rain pelted heavily on the roof and thunder rolled throughout the air. America got out of bed and put on some pajama pants, he had been sleeping in his plain boxers. Knowing his children, some of them would definitely be awake right now. They can't sleep in thunderstorms.

     He walked through the various floors of the house checking on each of his children as he went. Surprisingly, the youngest were sleeping soundly. Even Hawaii who was always terrified of the thunder, a long term effect of Pearl Harbor, was asleep. He wandered the home for about an hour before hearing the first choked sobs. America tracked them to the last room on the floor, Florida's. The door was decorated with a colorful sign. The letters were in a bright yellow and the background was a beach painted in neon colors. Florida had insisted on painting his sign himself, and it represented his personality very well.

     Mica pressed his ear up against the door to make sure he had heard right. Flor wasn't usually afraid of storms. He had had many hurricanes throughout his history and the storms no longer scared him. So the crying was surprising to America.

     After hearing that Florida was indeed crying, he pushed quietly into the room. His heart twisted inside of his chest when he saw the room he had helped his son decorate years ago. The maple desk had been flipped and various office supplies were scattered across the room. The Disney world poster was ripped of the wall and the various photos of Florida doing various things with his siblings had been smashed, glass scattered across the room. And Florida was curled up in a fetal position in the farthest corner of the room.

     America stepped around the broken glass and sunk to the floor beside his son. "Florida?" He asked. "D-Dad?" Florida looked up. His vibrant green eyes were filled with tears. America pulled his son into a hug. The Sunshine State just buried his head into his father's shoulder and cried. "I'm s-sorry." Florida wept. "Why are you sorry. There's nothing to be sorry about." America wiped the salty tears off his face. "I cause so much trouble for you and the others." Mica looked his son in the face, blue eyes to green. "Who told you that?" Florida hiccuped, trying to catch his breath. "Everyone blows me off. I try to just say hi, and they tell me go away. That my stupidity is contagious." America listened carefully to his son. "And... and after my gator got out last time, everyone yelled at me for hours. They said I was reckless and obnoxious and... and... they said I was useless. Dad, am I useless?" America held his son close, tears welling in his eyes. "Listen to me closely. You are not useless. You are intelligent and funny and bubbly. You don't cause me trouble." America told him. "The others forget themselves sometimes. You guys are all young. You're kids and make mistakes. It doesn't matter how many mistakes you've made, I never once thought you were useless. You are perfect just the way you are. I don't want you any other way." Florida clinged to America and cried. The two stayed that way for a long time.

     About an hour later, the two of them were sitting against the wall talking. "Sorry I destroyed my room." Flor said sheepishly. Mica laughed. "It's not a big deal. We'll just have to clean it up." The two of them stood up and started to clean up the room. Florida turned on his radio and turned it up really loud. The two blasted American Idiot at 3AM and didn't care if they woke the others up. Unless they accidentally wake up DC...

     They were jamming when they heard someone pounding up the stairs. Jersey burst through the door. "TURN THAT FUCKING EAR RAPE OFF!!!" She yelled, not knowing her dad was in the room. "What did you just say?" He asked. Florida was laughing his ass off as Jersey's face paled. "Umm... sorry?" America glared at her. "1: Green Day is not ear rape. 2: No cursing. 3: If you don't want to be grounded, go get your ass back in bed." Jersey grumbled as she stomped out the door. Before she left she slammed the door. 'Oh shit, she dead' Florida thought. America stormed after her. "WE DON'T SLAM DOORS IN THIS HOUSE YOUNG LADY!!!"

     Ukraine's POV

     I woke up to the sounds of cheering and screaming. I looked over at the clock, it read 3AM. What the hell is going on? I thought as I stumbled out of the bed. I found that the spot where Canada should be (in bed next to me) was empty. I threw on my favorite PJs and walked down stairs. I found Canada sitting in the living surrounded by teenagers and young kids. They were screaming at the TV, which was playing a hockey game. I stared at them for a while in confusion, my brain not computing things yet. Eventually, I just shrugged and went to make myself a cup of coffee.

     Nada walked in a few minutes later, having seen me walk into the kitchen sleepily. " Morning, Beautiful!" He said cheerfully. "Don't pull that shit with me." I said. "It is 3 fucking AM. Why are there children in our house? Why do they all look like your clones?" He kissed my cheek. " Sorry Ukie, I forgot to tell you my provinces were coming to visit." I just stared at him. My brain was still clouded with sleepy fuzz. I wasn't containing anything he was saying. "Stop talking. Let me drink my coffee, then explain."

This is basically me in the mornings.

I don't function without coffee.

I also drew the picture at the top!

Love Ya'll