CHAPTER THREE

Alpha Tristan in the photo above
AEDION'S POV

"Beta Xanth, get someone to deliver the bodies of the warriors, to their families and send them our condolences."

"Yes, Alpha." He says as he bows his head and leaves.

"Alpha Tristan, I'm sorry for the inconveniences, I will see to it, that whatever, has been damaged will be repaired." I say and turn to leave.

"Alpha Aedion, please accept these pair of clothes and don't worry about , the repairs , we will deal with it. Says Tristan, he was always a kind,warm person especially around his mate. I wonder how he became Alpha with his kind nature and still managed to keep people under control.

" Sure."

Then I leave.

****************************************************************

The ride back home, to Asena was silent. In the car with just my beta and I , was purely quiet but the quietness screaming tension and a whole lot of I told you so.

"Okay, just let it out." I said, with exhaustion.

"Yes, I will. Aedion, did I not warn you of this incident. That woman knew exactly what she was doing she had anticipated that incident and her target was you. Our men were just caught up in the cross fire. You should have planned out our strategy. You know , your problem is that you think with emotions and not your head. Did you ever stop to think that catching her was too good to be true and that what those families of the warriors, will feel when they receive the bad news?" He said breathing heavily now, with all the frustration going on in his head.

"I understand your concern my friend but I couldn't just stand and let her do what she wants, when she was right in front of me."

"Yes I get it, but maybe you should stop this whole search party, before you are in too deep. What I mean is she is your mate and you can never change that , now that you met her its going to be hard to stay far away from her. Morrigan is nothing to you now. If ever , in the not so distant future, change your mind about her which I know you will, she will not forgive you after that rejection, so instead to make things worse put your differences aside and change that damned law." Xanth said.

"No, you are wrong, I rejected her, showing I will never take her back." I argued

He sighs "Ya but she did not accept your rejection, so my dear friend , you have dug a deeper grave for not only for the hottie who is your mate but for yourself too." He smirks and winks

I lowly growl but however he is right.

**********************************************************

AVYANNA'S POV

"Grandma, what you said is true about finding a mate." I said with glassy eyes as I sniff. I have been strong ever since I left him but in as much as I am known as woman of still , I have feelings and at times I'm vulnerable, which in fact is the side that my grandparents and Hunter will ever see. My tears were on the brink of being released again but I think I have dehydrated myself, the only thing I can do now is sniff.

I had told my grandparents what happened from start to finish without leaving any details. To be honest the least they could do was comfort me and I am grateful for that.

"Oh honey, I had anticipated it, all I can say is, I am sorry for what happened." She as said as she embraced me in a motherly hug.

"You know what, I am done crying." I say wiping, my tears and removing the blanket , I had on. And walked towards the front door.