CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

AEDION'S POV

After we were told Avy was in a coma, all hell broke loose. People started blaming each other especially her grandparents, pinned everything on me but I let them, it's not like they were lying. Currently now me, my brother, Rhysand and Hunter we are all waiting for her grandparents to finish their visit and then Rhysand and Hunter will go in. My parents and sister left. I on the other hand, I am going back home to Xanth and Conrad, to see what they found out. I have four guards to always be by her side when I'm not around. Now I know what you are thinking! She is your mate or at least ex-mate and she is in a coma, why do you have to leave her? And all those other questions. Well first of all, what I need to go back home to , concerns Avyanna and secondly, I am honestly ashamed or embarrassed to say the least , to go into that room that she is occupying, I cannot bare to look at her, even though she is asleep especially knowing I was a participant in breaking her.

Now I am waiting for her grandparents to come back and tell us how she is doing and then I can go home at least a bit settled. I hear footsteps behind me and I turn to look and see the couple coming back towards us.

Rhysand rushes over to them and asks "How is she?"

Her grandfather responds "Yes, she is okay but she looks a bit lighter than usual and it looks like the poison is eating her in the inside. However, the doctors say with time she will regain her colour."

I side smile in relief and leave as my brother follows behind. I am still a bit guilty of what I put her through and when she wakes up I will make it up to her even if we are no longer mates. I will pursue her and at least we can do what humans, do like I think it's called dating. You will see, I will make it work again.

"So what is it that you called me here for?" I ask Xanth and Conrad the moment I caught sight of them.

"Alpha, we found something, although we might not get much clues from it but it's a start." Conrad answers

"What is it?" I ask anxious.

"This!" Xanth answers as he holds up a plastic DNA bag that contains two small bottles with the labels wolfs bane and silver.

"Where did you find this?" I ask

"That is the weirdest part, Alpha. We found it just lying on top of the trash can in the Kitchen, the person who did this was either careless or wanted as to find it, of which I doubt if it's the former." Answers Conrad.

"Why do you say that there is a higher chance the culprit did this on purpose?" asks my brother, Ahren

"Well, it's because we did not have a hard time searching and finding it and if that is not enough reason, we went the extra mile and tested the DNA and the fingerprint there showed that it was a witch and in as much as it was in rubbish the fingerprints are the most prominent, they did not get messed up. In which this is strange or maybe there was a spell that was put for the prints to not fade. Also all clues lead to a source within the castle.

"But how could that be we don't have a witch in the castle and we have a pact with the witches so they, wouldn't dare do anything sinister." I ask

"That is another thing that does not make sense but we have dark witches that do not owe anyone anything."

"True but they were banished and also we never had a problem with them." Xanth states

We all stay silent for a while brain storming until my brother leaves to his room for the night and Xanth dismisses Conrad.

"Look man, we will get to the bottom of this as soon as we can but you need rest remember you need to be alert for Avyanna." Xanth says as he pats my shoulder and leaves.