CHAPTER NINE

AVYANNA'S BALL GOWN IN THE ABOVE PIC
AVYANNA'S POV

All day, both packs have been busy preparing for tonight's ball , not only are the leaders invited but supernatural individual who is Mateless. From the little knowledge I have about this ball, is that every pack gets a turn to host the party including the kingdom, hence, this year , the royal family is the one hosting it. It is a very important day or night for every creature in Kova, well except vampires. It will be the night it changes most people's lives for eternity. That is why around especially the females. I am pretty sure, they are looking for dresses, getting their hair and make up done whilst the males have no hustle than just to get a fresh cut and a brand new suit. How lucky, right?

As for me , this day is even bigger for me than everyone else because its the day I reveal that I am the alpha of two neighboring packs. It is the day I finally come face to face with my mate and bring him to shame with things that happened right in his watch. The best part is that not only will the wolves be there but the whole of KOVA will be there. I have to admit, I am a bit nervous and have a weakness of over thinking things, I mean what if things do not go as planned and also the mere thought of being in the presence of my mate is kind of nerve wrecking. Its been long ever since we last met, its been almost two months and some weeks. I really do not know, how I am going to act or feel when I smell his calming scent once more or how I will react when I finally meet him and his fiancé , yes I knew about her even way before I met him. I really don't think my wolf or me can handle seeing them hold hands with my own eyes. Even though, I hate to admit it, my mate is bonded to me and no matter what he does , I will always care for him.

Now I am standing in front of my room body mirror admiring myself. I got to say the glamour team that Marissa swore by did a true job well done. I was wearing a red mermaid dress with a sweetheart neck at the top with a deep cleavage. It hugged my curves so well showing off each and every inch on my body. From my waist down , it had a skirt or cap like designer, that was actually removable. The whole dress was shiny as it was filled with little crystals. The dress brought out my neck area, that was decorated with a plain silver choker that was perfect for this type of designed dress. The choker was part of a silver set that came along with bracelets that I'm wearing right now. My shoes were just a simple sandal heels that had top straps colourless or see through and the dominant colour of the shoe black. The heels of the pair was a glass, thick eleven centimetre block heels with colourful beads inside which went together with silver dangling earrings that were shaped like a teardrop. My hair was up in sleek high bun that brought out my face, pampered my lips with a blood red lipstick and a smoky eye paired with a cat eye and long lashes. My toes and finger had been taken care of with a pedicure and manicure, along with a stiletto designed white nails decorated with red designs. I got to admit, when Marissa said she knew and trusted her glamour team I should have never doubted her. She can be miss tough when she wants but despite that you can never take the girly out of her.

After I was done with a final look in the mirror, I grab my clutch bag and head for the stairway as I leave my room. As I descend down the front porch  , I realise that there are a lot of cars outside, waiting to board the provided cars to the ball. So there was a lot of commotion and noise downstairs and it got even louder now that I am reaching the bottom stairs. Probably, Rhysand is waiting for me outside because he is the one I am going with along Alrik and Brian , just to keep an eye on them and be the confirmation Aedion needs when he learns that I am the alpha of half his kingdom. Hunter decided to stay behind as he sees no point in coming and to also stay in charge of the packs but however, he told me that he will be on alert and his mind link would be open to us, if we will need an extra muscle.

I reach downstairs and open the front door, which reveals a lot of cars as I anticipated earlier with males and females wolves boarding in vehicles, on their way to the castle. The amount of people and cars leaving are a lot , just imagine the castle right now, this makes me nauseous but I put on my big girl pants and sweep those thoughts to the back of my mind.