CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

AEDION'S POV

"Yes, Alpha." Doctor Martinez calmly answers as she walks into the dining room we were having dinner in, a few minutes ago.

"Please, help her Doctor, we don't know what happened she just started panting heavily; heated up and her body was shaking violently, then she fainted."

Dr Martinez rushed over to me and took her stethoscope and pressed it against Avy's chest and waited for a while. She then removed it and looked at me.

:"We have to hurry up and get her to the hospital because she is still breathing but it's faint. If we take any longer she might die." She explains

"Okay, then let us hurry. Ahren, hurry up and get the car." I say as I call my brother to help me get Avy in the car and get her to the hospital.

"Yes, brother." He says rushing out

I carry Avyanna bridal style and rush out the castle. There is already an SUV waiting for us out the front and I rush in at the back seat and lay Avy there and then I rush to the passenger seat. My brother was is so fast when it comes to emergencies and stuff; he is so efficient and reliable. This is why I rely on him on this situation because he never disappoints.

We rush to the hospital which is just thirty minutes away.

Ahren rushes through the town dodging and swiftly moves through narrow roads and people. A few minutes later we are in front of the hospital and we rush in the hospital.

Doctor Martinez walks in after us and rushes to call a group of nurses to take her to a room.

"Where are you taking her?" I urgently ask. I am not really comfortable with her being out of my sight but I guess I have to trust her.

"We are going to run some tests on her to find out how best we can help her." Immediately after she says that a male nurse comes rushing in with a worried expression on his face.

"Doctor, you have to come now. She has started shaking her whole body. We are holding her but she needs an operation now. I have just run some tests and the result was that she consumed wolfs bane and...... "He trails off looking down.

I grab his collar "What else did she consume?"

"Aedion leave him." my brother tries to grab me away from the nurse

"She um she consumed silver too." He finishes off

I let him go shocked of what he is telling me.

"We have to go and operate on her now before it's too late." Doctor Martinez says and rushes off to wherever they have Avy.

The words wolf bane and silver keep playing over and over again in my head. How did she consume that? Or who did that to her? So many questions are running through my mind right now. Silver and wolfs bane is the most deadly for both wolves and vampires, and she is both that. Whoever, did this must know how to get these two because they are illegal here in Kova. I really have to get to the bottom of this, whoever, did this to Avyanna will pay. I swear the moon goddess.

I take a seat on the nearby hospital chairs and I lean forward and put my hands in my palms. I want to find out the story behind all this but I do not even know where to start from or what to do.

"Ahren, tell General Conrad to start a search all over the castle to see whether there are any clues that lead to the poisons or just anything." I instruct him. He nods and calls Conrad.

Rhysand and Hunter come in towards us. Then in followed by my dad; mom and my sister. My mother sees me and engulfs me in a hug. I take it and hold her tighter. At this moment I need a mother's hug. Although our mate bond is broken, I still care about her and for some reason I don't understand I still feel a connection with her.

"How is she? What did the doctor say?" My mother asks

I sigh

"They are operating on her, they said she consumed wolfs band and silver."

There was a harsh intake of breathe as my mother covers her mouth to prevent herself from releasing a cry. My father helps her to sit down besides my bewildered sister.

We sit in silence for a while until an elderly couple walks in fast and worried.

"Where is she? What happened? Please tell me she will be fine." The woman says. As I look closer, she looks familiar like I have seen her somewhere. I rummage through my thoughts until I know who she is.

"It's you. You have finally showed yourself." I say to the woman as I stand and walk closer to her. The male stands between me and her protectively; I assume that is her mate.

"You are the murderer of my grandfather." I shout. Hunter and Rhysand come in to defend the couple.

A firm hand holds my shoulder. I look at the owner of the hand and see my father trying to calm me down.

"Please calm down son, this is not the place or time to do this. Just concentrate on your mate who is fighting for her life right now." The moment he mentioned Avy I immediately calmed down and diverted my attention.

"What's wrong with her?" asks Avy's grandmother. My brother explains everything to them.

After the whole scene earlier on, we sit in silence for hours almost the whole night, each of us drowning in our own thoughts and sorrows. Whenever I think of Avyanna, I think of the things she has gone through and all of them leading to me. I am such an idiot. Why couldn't I just toss aside the law and gave her what every mate deserves, a loving mate. She never meant harm, all she wanted was to be loved and accepted. I was the one person that could give her that and I failed her.

I look over to the couple that are her grandparents and I can't help but to mentally thank them for raising a girl like her and always being there for her. I guess without them, I guess there wouldn't be an Avyanna.

They really care for her, even though they knew that them coming here could be a death sentence to them, they were willing to risk it fir her. That is the love she deserves and I could not give it to her. I should have also been willing to risk loving her even if the world was against us.

I knew I had feelings for her and I just tossed them aside. Everyone around me told me to rethink my decision, to give her a chance but I have been ignorant and now all I want to do is take it all back and show her that I could have loved her and treated her differently. But anyway it's too late, after all our mate bond is broken now and that cannot be reversed.

I look up and see the Doctor Martinez walking up to us. I quickly stand as everyone else does the same and walk towards the Doctor.

"Doctor, how did it go?" I urgently ask her since I cannot wait any longer.

The Doctor stares at us for a while, with an unreadable expression as she remains quiet.

I pressure her more.

She sighs "The patient had a high dose of the poisons but we did all we could to drain it out of her system, luckily it had not spread all over her body because you brought her early here, that is why we managed to stabilize her."

Everyone including me sighs in relief but when I look back at the doctor, I notice she still has unsaid information in her.

"Is there more Doctor Martinez, you are not telling me?" I ask her.

For a moment she looks uneasy but gathers the courage, to tell me

"She is in a coma and we don't know whether, she will survive it or not."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I felt generous and decided to update early, so here is the chapter. Oh by the way do'nt worry I will still give you guys another chapter on my original date which is Saturday. Thank you and love you all my readers, I really appreciate the support you are showing me.

Please also dont forget to vote, comment, share/ tell your friends about this book and lastly follow me on both my wattpad and instagram account