Chapter 87

The mages of the Lady of light stood on one side while the army of Dycation stood on the other. They had been fighting but an unknown force had entered the fray. 

Where had that power appeared?

A voice sounded above them, "Sorry, what did I miss?"

A girl with flame red hair in a green dress stood on the edge of the roof looking down. Her hair was slightly mussed and she yawned, "The night air was so nice that I decided to take a stroll. Then I fell asleep."

"On the roof?" Jacen muttered, he was shocked.

Cybelline looked down at Killian and gave him a smile "Hey."

Killian quickly looked down, not wishing that she see his eyes.

A shadow flitted from the roof and she stood in front of him, two long, graceful fingers slid underneath his chin, "Don't hide those pretty eyes from me."

Startled he looked directly into her face, there was no look of disgust he had be preparing since he had known his eyes were back to red. She looked deeply into his eyes, "You know, this is the first time I've seen red eyes. They're pretty."

Suddenly, before he had time to react, she kissed his lips. A quick, feather light touch from her warmth that brought him back to life.

She didn't care the color of his eyes. Didn't care that he was a monster. She smiled at him and he felt as if that breathe he hadn't been able to get out of his chest, seemed to finally clear.

He stared at him as if a blind man seeing light for the first time. Light that cut through the thunderclouds and darkness. Light that he did not deserve.

"Ahem" Lord Evans coughed. There was still the matter of a war going on.

"We still exist." Jacen muttered. Lord Evans resisted the urge to put his head in his head in such an urgent situation. For the infinite time he wished he could dropkick Jacen into the sun.

Above them, Leonmithas looked down in alarm. Those eyes were cursed eyes, he had heard about them since he was a child. Eyes that spell death and Chaos for the fae.

"Who are you?" Kyria asked, a look of deep suspicion on her face as she looked at the girl who now stood side by side of Killian.

Cybelline smiled, "The new Queen of the fae. The Dark Queen."

Her body began to glow golden as she suddenly unleashed her true power upon the world. Power that was equal to the Lady of Light, perhaps even greater. Two massive and beautiful black wings rose from her back, their gold and iridescent markings glowing with a rainbow of powers.

On her wrist, a bracelet of glowing stones, appeared, marking her mastery over the powers. Kyria's eyes narrowed when she saw the bracelet.

Those who survived would remember this moment as the time that they had seen not just any fae, but the most powerful fae in existence. She was the most magnificent creature in the world, commanding their attention with just her eyes. She was warrior that her enemies would come to shake with fear upon hearing her name.

Kyria's eyes glinted with viciousness. She raised her hand, and hundred mages came towards her, "You may have power, but I have an army of mages." She looked at Killian, "You may have most of my mages, but I kept the strongest ones by me. Even if my numbers are small, I will still be able to squash you like a bug."

She looked at Cybelline, "Little dark fae, I'm so surprised you survived the civil war. And I have to say, after the light fae killed the dark fae, I am surprised that Titania allowed one of you to survive. But no matter, you are alone and I will kill you."