Chapter 90

Dycathion

Killian's head was killing him.

There were flashes of light. A smile that he couldn't forget. His head hurt then it felt as if something was yanking his heart out of his chest.

There was someone who ran past him, he looked at the stream of flame red hair and the laughter that stuck his heart like a bell. He ran after her, not knowing why he did so. He wanted to desperately see her face.

The pain in head was excruciating. He found that the girl had ran out of his reach. Out of his grasp. She was lost.

What was going on? He opened his eyes and stared at the familiar flower pattern. Orange and gold. He frowned, he was in his rooms at the palace.

A girl stood in by the window, she came forward as he got up. The sunlight glinting in her red hair, "Are you alright?"

She was a tall, lithe beauty with red hair and green eyes. There seemed to be a kind look on her face as she knelt beside his bed, concern lining her visage. 

She offered him some water. Killian looked at the proffered cup and then took it after a moment.

"Where are my men." Killian asked.

"I don't know." The girl said after a while "I only saw you, lying in a pool of blood in the road. At first I was so scared, I didn't know what to do." She smiled at him, "But you were breathing, and I was happy to help." 

"Who are you?"

"Eugenia, a Lady of Palicia. I was on my way to the Dycathion capital when I found you." Eugenia said as she took the cup and poured more water, "You were covered in wounds when they brought you back. They said that the City of Light has fallen. All of your soldiers who had gone with you had died."

Killian could not remember what had happened.

"How long have I been asleep?" Killian asked with a cold frown.

Eugienia was stunned by the cold beauty, she swallowed and stuttered, "Two weeks."

Killian nodded, "You may go."

Eugenia frowned, "You were a lot nicer to me the last few days. You held my hand and asked me not to go." There were tears in her eyes, "I suppose you have no use for me anymore. I suppose when you promised me that you would love me, that was just an empty promise." 

She turned and ran out, leaving a confused and annoyed Killian. 

Killian stared after the red hair for a moment, feeling as if his head was about to split open. Something wanted to come out. Then...as if some salve had been administered on his mind, he forgot.

Killian called for his men. A few lords came in, he looked at them, "Tell me exactly what happened?"

They looked at each other, "My lord, we don't know. All that we can confirm is that Evans and Jacen are missing, you men that you took to the City of Light. No one returned except you. We can't find a trace of them. And..."

The warrior paused before continuing, "The Lady of Light is dead."

Killian stood up, "What?" He looked at them coldly, "How did it happen?"

The lord swallowed hard, "They say that there is a fae uprising."

Killian's eyes were icy, "That will not do. I need to get to the bottom of this. We are going to the city of Light. Now."

---

Kingdom of Londaros

Miri sat in the garden she had made with her power. She looked towards the direction her parents had gone and sighed once more. Wondering if she had made the right decision, though the look of understanding in Myrai and slight rage in Ithos eyes made her feel ever sadder.