Chapter 91

Londaros

The days were still chilly but Miri ignored it, she was busy packing her things when the maids saw what she was up to.

"My lady! What are you doing?" One of them asked, there was a thin layer of contempt in the girl's voice.

Miri looked up, "Jasreth's healed. I'm going to go be with my family."

The maid frown and turned around, "Country bumpkin." She grumbled as she went to go find the nearest captain. This new queen to be was not nobility, the entire country was already set to their ears at the thought of their prince marrying so beneath him. And she was leaving him when nuptuals were so close to the horzion? Did she not know that the prince would be king and how many women are already trying to throw themselves towards him.

Jasreth was listening to the reports with satisfaction, the preparations were well underway. They were a few weeks away from leaving the capital.

"My lord" A captain rushed in and whispered something in Jasreth's ear. He frowned suddenly and stood up, the room went silent as he strode out.

Miri was just about packed when she spotted Jasreth. He looked at her packs and frowned, "What are you doing?"

"Oh good, I was about to come and find you." Miri said with a smile, she grabbed his hand, "I'm going to find my family. They're in the City of Light."

"Miri." Jasreth said with a sigh, "I can't let you leave by yourself. It's not safe."

Miri smiled, " I can take care of myself. You don't have to worry about me. I've saved you... twice." Her smile was dazzling and Jasreth found it hard to not be dazzled. He steeled himself, "Miri, wait a few weeks, I promise I'll go with you."

Miri shook her head her face showing her anxiety and worry, "I can't, I don't feel right, something's going on and I have to go find my family. I feel it."

If she let now, it was over. All his plans. Jasreth looked down, "Aren't I your family?"

Miri rushed to him, "You are!"

"Then why can't you stay with me?" His voice was low, almost morose.

"Jasreth, I love you more than words could say. I'm giving up everything to be with you." Miri said with a smile, "But, right now, I need a few weeks to make sure that my family is alright. I had promised to go with them, but I stayed to take care of you. Now I need to go. You can understand that, can't you?"

Jasreth sighed, "It seems that I don't have all of your heart."

Miri paused, watching the pain on his face, she took her hands in his, "How can I prove to you that I am truly and only yours?"

And so Jasreth told her.

Miri took a step back, and looked at him, "Is that what truly will make you believe that I love you?"

Jasreth nodded, "It is."

Miri sighed, "When did you know that I was fae?"

"The first time I saw you." He didn't mention how mesmerized he was, watching her smiling at him, underneath the purple fern. He steeled his heart. This was necessary. This was needed for his plans. For his happiness and hers.

Miri looked towards the direction of the City of the Gods, and whispered "Then you shall have it."

Suddenly a pair of flame red wings rose from her back, beautifully red and brilliant, they shown in the sunlight like two petals.

Miri took out a silver knight and took a deep breath.

She gripped her wings and slashed.

Blood bubbled forth as the wings fell off her back. She stumbled, bitting her lips as the immense pain seemed to overwhelm her. She took the giant and beautiful wings and held it out to him.