Chapter 5: Apologies & Aunts

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
― Oscar Wilde 

CHAPTER 5

"I'm sorry." Sarah said as she stood before me. 

Everyone including me was shocked at her apology. 

"I was wrong for instigating a fight yesterday. I shouldn't have meddled with your relationship with Dark." she continued.

My eyes widened even more at her words. What in the world is happening? Still shocked and confused, I nodded my head. Her tensed shoulders eased a bit but it straightened again and the fire in her eyes crackled.

She bit her lip like she wanted to say more but chose not to. Quickly, she nodded in contempt and sat on her seat.

Everyone's eyes were on us. I raised my brow at them and they quickly went on to do their business. This must be Dark's doing. He must have found out the incident from yesterday from someone.

Shaking my head, I thought everything was over when our monitors in class opened to broadcast news from our University President. And I was shocked yet again when I watched his news.

"Good Morning students! I hope you had a wonderful semester. Finals are soon looming and our semester is close to ending. For our seniors, I hope you make the most of your stay in our university and create meaningful memories.

As for our daily report for today, it is with a heavy heart that I received news of bullying and judgment on one of our dear students. We hope you all are aware of the consequences of bullying and judging other people.

Our university hopes for every one of you to be more open to each person's personal preferences and relationships. We wish you to avoid judging a person based on her relationship with a prominent socialite."

My eyebrows raised and I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"I hope you learn to be more welcoming, and open to your classmates. He or she should not be judged nor to be made an outcast. Treat him or her the respect that you or anyone else deserves. I hope you all open your hearts and eyes to each person. It is not a sin to love a person and accept his or her flaw and make a good life out of it. Everyone deserves a chance to live and learn, and not be judged by his or her past. I hope you all reflect on what I said earlier. Thank you and have a good day."

Turning off the television, our review professor went in and reiterated the president's message. I can feel the eyes of everyone inside the room.

But I felt no malice or disrespect, only acceptance.

And for the weeks I have felt like an outcast, a weight lifted off of my shoulders.

Slowly, I slipped my phone out and texted Dark.

To Baby:

Thank you. I love you.

From Baby:

Your welcome. I love you too.

Grinning, I gripped my ballpen and began scribbling a letter to the president and a blog post for my website.

Our University President's message was true. He had always been an advocate of the poor and the oppressed. He helped the program for gender equality paving the way for the LGBT Community in our school to freely express themselves.

Now he's helping everyone who was oppressed and judged because of their past. He let everyone see that no matter what your past is if you repent and carved a life different from your gloomy past, you deserve to live and be happy.