Chapter 32: Coming Back

Chapter 32

It has been a few days since Dark and I last talked. It was a surprise when he let me go on my own. He would give me the occasional good morning and good evening texts.

He also comes home late. It was like he was giving me the space I needed.

Lyana was busy meeting with her friends while I was typing furiously in my laptop. I had a few writing gigs that paid me really well. I wanted to build my portfolio, so I can get into big publishing and magazine companies.

I was writing when I heard the elevator pinged. Glancing up, I saw Dark walk in with his gray suit on hand and his white shirt pulled back in his arms.

A small smile was on his lips. I glanced on the wall clock. It was only 3pm.

"You're early." I told him as he sat at the nearby chair beside me. I was in the couch with my food displayed on the table.

"I cancelled my afternoon plans for my second session with Dr. Munroe." He explained. I sat up on my seat and my eyes grew into a smile.

"You did? How was it?" I excitedly asked him. A peaceful smile was on his lips.

"It was refreshing and helpful." He said, his lips forming a smile. "I was hesitant at first. The first session was horrible when I didn't try to be open to him. Today was different. It was pleasant and I learned a lot of things."

"I understand. The first session did felt like being poked on a wounded flesh." I truthfully told him "What kind of things did you learn?"

"You were right, I was hovering above you like a mad bulldog. I'm sorry baby." He remorsefully said "I also accepted the fact that I do have demons I have to conquer. We'll do it one step a time."

"Yes. We really have to take it one step a time." I softly told him. "I'm happy you went to Dr. Munroe."

"I'm happy too that you pushed me." he said. His eyes were full of guilt and sadness "I'm sorry for how I acted the past few weeks."

I nodded my head in understanding "You're forgiven."

There was a long pause between us before he finally spoke. "I missed you. I hate fighting with you."

"I missed you too." I said, my lips trembling "I'm sorry too because for the past few months I've been lying about a lot of things."

"What do you mean?" he asked in worry.

I sat right next to him and held his hand "Promise you'll let me talk until the end?"

"I promise."

Breathing I looked into his eyes and said," I lied with regards marriage. The truth is I'm scared of getting married."

"Laurene." Hurt flashed in his eyes.

"For a long time, I was scared of getting married. My parent's annulment was traumatizing to me and the people around me with a rocky marriage scared me into committing."

"Then why did you say yes?"

"Because I didn't want to hurt you." I told him, baring my soul to him "I know how much you wanted a family, and I was willing to give it to you but I was scared. I was so scared and I'm trying my hardest to overcome it."

Tears flowed through my cheeks at my admission "My near brush with death made me realize how fragile life is. That's why I booked a session with Dr. Munroe to help me conquer my fears and live my life the way I wanted it to be." I explained, "I wanted to become a writer and I wanted to make a name for myself just how you made yours. I love you Dark, but we're two broken souls that needs fixing."