Chapter 12: Ruin

CHAPTER 12

"What's going on?" Dark demanded, his brow furrowed. I opened my mouth but no words came out. I didn't know I was here either.

"I told you she passed out and I brought her here." Luke snarled back, clearly wanting to save me.

"I wasn't talking to you." Dark towered over him.

"Dark." I stood in between them "I passed out from stress when I was in school. Luke was in the hallways when it happened."

I calmly told him. His breathing was ragged and I swung my gaze to Luke "How did you bring me here?"

"I called Lyana and helped me brought you here. She was buying medicine in the drugstore and I was cooking when Dark walked in." Luke explained. Although, his eyes showed his anger at Dark.

"How can you be in the hallways of her school when you don't go there?" Dark asked and Luke quickly landed his eyes on me. His eyes were asking and I had to duck my head from their intensity. I bit my lip.

"I think we should leave them to talk, Luke," Lyana spoke for the first time. Luke stared at me and eventually nodded. Dark and I both watched them leave before he swiveled his gaze on me.

"Mind telling me what that was about?" Dark asked and I felt the tears glisten in my eyes. I tried opening and closing my mouth but no words seem to come out.

Then suddenly my feels started to flow on its own. "I'm sorry." I sobbed at him. I felt really bad. I didn't like hiding things from him.

His eyes instantly softened "Baby, I'm sorry." He said reaching out to me. And it only made me feel worst.

"No. I'm the one that should be sorry." I sobbed as my tears began to fall on their own "I d-didn't know how you would t-take us being f-friends again, so I kept i-it from you."

I sobbed into his chest as he sat us on the couch. He wrapped his arms on my body "He transferred at the beginning of the sem and we became friends again." I said gulping air to clear my voice "W-weren't doing anything w-wrong. H-he was j-just a f-friend. I-I'm s-sorry for not telling you earlier."

"I understand baby. And I'm sorry too for raising my voice." He softly said kissing my tears "I just wish you could have told me. Is there anything else you wanted to tell me?"

I shook my head and he wiped my tears "Okay. Promise you won't keep anything from me again?"

I nodded my head "I promise."

He grinned and kissed my lips "Come on. Let's tell them to come in."

I nodded my head and called my sister. Luke glanced at me worry in his eyes when he came in. I gave him a soft smile and I introduced him to Dark.

Lyana was weird out by it but it all went well. Although, you could feel the tension between the two men. They were civil for my sake.

A few days have passed since the incident and Dark hasn't responded to my texts or calls. I understand he was angry with me. I kept things from him for a whole semester. It was one full sem. And I knew I should have said something. I also knew he was sensitive about Luke.

It pains me that he doesn't want to see me. When I was in his office, Donna, his secretary wouldn't allow me inside. Blaise told me to give Dark some time. He doesn't also sleep in his condominium since he knew I had a key.

It was making me feel bad and guilty. I was hurting. And he was hurting too. I could only imagine the demons in his mind. He had a lot of insecurities, of being left behind, and I knew it was eating him.