Tasty Bunnies

I jolt up. In my dreamless sleep, I felt as if the world was changing around me.
And it did. The pond, which was as ordinary as could be, became something more.
It was in the open before, in a small clearing.

Additionally to the small alcove, Valeria made for the cubs, she created a small hill of about five meters, looming over the pond, casting its shadow over the water. On the right side of it now stood a small tree, which I don't recognize. Inside of the little grotto, vines hung down from the ceiling. All in all, a rather pleasant change.
Around the small patch I slept on, there grow flowers of fantastical colors and forms.
Despite the whole place being more impressive, no one seems to be around. I can't feel the presence of anyone. Why would Valeria just go up and leave? Isn't it dangerous for her to go on her own?

"Good morning, Prophet!"

Suddenly Valeria emerged from her pool. Huh? Something happened while I was asleep...

[Good morning. Say. What happened around here?]

"Yesterday, when I sang you to sleep, you were fully loaded on mana, after absorbing all those cores. And you were radiating all the excess, your body couldn't work with. You know... I am a young Nymph and don't have the power to create mythical lakes or anything.
But when I was sitting beside you, I felt as if this was a whole new world. It was invigorating.
The mana you gave off enabled me to make this little hideaway."

Still doesn't explain why I can't sense her presence anymore, but what do I know? Maybe she also upgraded some defense mechanisms?

[Ahh... Makes sense, I guess. And the flowers?]

"I formed them for you. They are nothing special, but they give off a great smell. And I thought you might appreciate it."

She isn't wrong with that.

[I do, thank you. Still. Didn't it feel wrong for you to use the power of your own family to create this?]

A small bit of pain could be felt over our link.

"You're not wrong. But you know it as well as I do. The strong eat the weak. And this was the best way for me to remember all of them."

[Hmmm... Fine. By the way... I am hungry. Should I hunt for you, too?]

"I'd appreciate that. Sending α out on his own wouldn't be all that efficient anyway."

[So do you know any good hunting spots around here? Like any caves? Nests maybe?]

"There is a small family of Werebears to the southwest of here. If you're comfortable with it. But they started coming for me when they realized that they were immune to my charms while being transformed. I am sure they only want to get by. But when transformed, they are way scarier than most inhabitants of the forest."

[You're ruthless. Do you know that? Werebears are half-enlightened. And you send me after them after what happened yesterday?]
"I know. But do you know how scary flesh-craving, fully transformed werebears are? They were the main reason for giving that much fighting power to my wolves. And the full moon is in about two days. Soooo... if you want to wait for them to turn and engage us here, you are more than welcome to. But please don't freeze my pond over."

[This is a bigger problem than what I had assumed, yes?]

"It is."

Thinking about it... Nothing speaks against making contact with them. Maybe I can talk them out of it. Then again. I have next to no knowledge about werebears.
[I will hunt something else for today. But I will talk to the werebears in your stead.]

"Fine. But can you promise me, you will deal with them, once they become hostile?"

[For the time being, this is my home, too.]

"Thank you, Prophet."

I turn around only for my mind to realize something.

[Are there any landmarks I can follow to get to them?]

"I don't know anything about the route myself. Only that my wolves once found their abode. Maybe you're able to find some markings? They should transform the last few nights. So they probably marked their territory. And let's just say that werebears don't smell all that fancy."

[That'll be enough, I hope. See you, Valeria! And just call for me, if needed. You should be able to send a message to me, yes?]

"I'll do exactly that. See you!"

I turn the direction she pointed me in and start to run. Any prey that I may encounter probably won't see me coming this way.
This forest is peaceful when not being invaded by some spider men and women. Crickets are doing their thing, birds are singing, butterflies are wobbling around in the air, rabbits are scratching themselves behind their ears... Rabbits!
I do a sharp 180 and dart towards the three little ones sitting there, enjoying their sunbath. I stop and yet. They don't notice me.
Maybe this part of the forest is always this peaceful?
And how exactly are you going to kill them, without this becoming a bloodbath?
I stomp their heads into the ground? They are probably too fast for that.
I could bite their head off. But do I want to do that? They look kind of cute, sitting there. But also very delicious.

Ahhh... I don't care anymore. I am hangry, and you crossed my path at the wrong time.
A dash and chop! Chop! And chop! I spit out their heads.
Luckily I killed them without them noticing. I can't take any more mental scarring for probably another three to four years.
A great idea, Prophet you genius!

Closing my eyes while swallowing them whole would prevent me from looking into their sad, empty, soulless eyes...
Ahh... shit. I do enjoy the taste of rabbit very much. Maybe this helps me in the long run, though.
AHH, SHIT! I forgot that I severed their heads...

Southwest, she said. Nothing to see here!
Running through the woods felt calming. I wonder if ever Kirin has to go through a period in which they don't want to kill their prey. I would have to ask the others once I met some.
After about an hour of running, I encounter a weird-smelling tree. In the last few minutes, I already smelt a strong odor. Either my nose is hypersensitive, or they just really stink. Not smelling fancy, she said. This reeks of urine... This reminds me of how blessed I am that all dragons and even Dragonoid's don't also excrete any such filth. We are the pinnacle of recycling. Why would we throw anything away that could be used as potential energy for our awesomeness?

Ehem...

Well. I wonder what werebears are like. Following their scent trail, I quickly find their abode. I wonder whether Kirin grow nose hairs. Because if so, I have just avoided having to groom them for the next few years. I'll ask Valeria later if she can get rid of this smell for me.
They live in a humble wooden construct, not unlike the houses, my mother shows me. It was just way smaller.
A small family. From the tracks, leading to this house, their paws, when transformed, are at least as big as burly bear paws.
Do they enlarge when they transform?

Probably. Otherwise, no small family fits into that home.
Well. Let's talk some sense into them.