An attempt at rectification

That horse can't be trusted with anything, can she? She fucks everything up!

I don't know, man. Makes things more interesting... Which is like your whole point... Soooo... I don't know what you're on about.

While I can't refute that, I also don't want to D.E.M. her out of everything.

You don't have to. Either she figures something out, or that girl dies. It's as easy as that. One deus ex machina is enough. Maybe another, when it provides us with some entertainment. But as I see it right now, there is no comedic way of putting this situation.
So lean back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Fuck off!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

WHY?
FUCK!
I have to do something about this... But what?
Is there anything that may give me some time?
I DON'T KNOW!
Can I freeze the wound?
Maybe.
But how do I do anything without killing stuff?
I can't!

The swirl of mana within my horn feels as cold and indifferent as ever, and I am sure not a thing in the world could move it to show some emotions and help me...

No.

Caelus said I had absolute control over the element of ice. So why should it matter to me, whether it cares about helping me? All I have to do is bending it to my will. But all I have are my two underdeveloped horns.

No.

I have to try. That's all there is to it. I either try it, or she dies.

The swirl doesn't give any reaction, as expected. Why would it?
I kneel down, besides a very pale and barely breathing Valeria.
I try to feel out, towards anything that might help me control that thing, but as expected, there is only coldness. Nothing that might tell me how to handle such a situation will show itself in that snowstorm. But how? How do I do this?
Does my mother know anything about this? Has she given me anything?
Anything at all? There most definitely must be something that can help me control this, besides growing out my horns.

THERE!

Maybe? YES!
So I just have to make it submit to me? But I can't bullshit myself!
That's not how that works! Or is it?
But how...
ANGER! HATE!
I solely concentrate on my hate, anger, and grief. And it hurts.

Every little bit of content, my stomach contained shoots through my teeth and wets the grass.

But my manic state, lets me seem way more impressive than I would ever be. And with a Vortex of negative emotions raging inside of me, I
enter my own mindscape, to confront the powers I seek to control.

As soon as my mana notices me trying to forge a construct, that should be way beyond my skill, it lashes back.

My head starts to ache almost as strong as that time, I connected to that man, when I died. Or in other words, MY HEAD IS FUCKING EXPLODING!

But I can already see how this method works. The construct that I wished to create forms slowly as not even my own mana can withstand the onslaught of emotions projected onto it.

After what feels like hours, Valeria's chest wound and fractures were frozen stiff in a coffin of warm ice, as not to kill her.
Huh. It's weird how I can create non-freezing ic...

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Well...

She did it...

You're not wrong. But she is going to die. Isn't she?

Mayhap. But at this point, I'd just let them.

Man. You've done way more significant things than that. So why not help them out a bit?

Just stop it. I won't. Let's go and take a few hits.

Why not do it here?

Well... Alaine told me not to. Something about the place stinking like shit.

Welp.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

It hurts. It hurts so fucking much. My nubs are more sensitive than any other body part right now. I can feel every litt... wait.

I can feel things? Wait! Where am I?

My head shoots up, and my eyes stare into the night. I didn't leave the place...

Valeria!

And she is still alive. But unconscious.

OOOOOOOFFF!

Great!

I did it!

OW!

FUCK!

What should I do now? I have no clue about healing and all that. I could try and call for the fey in the garden, but they probably won't listen to me. When we went to see off Valeria's children, one even flipped me the finger, only because I was a dragon.
So what. Should I find a village and just kidnap the local priest or something?
And thank god, that Valeria isn't as squishy as those werebears. Those would probably have died.
If I get her to wake up, I will dedicate the next few years to her and her alone. We will travel until my hooves rub off.

Hold out, Valeria. I will save you!

And then I went into gallop mode. Never once did I stop for a quick break or anything. We already went for a very long time today, but how could I rest, when she could leave me at any moment.

As I spot the first village on the Horizon, it was already getting dark, and my exhaustion reached its peak. If this is a village full of patriots and or hunters, I will probably be caught right here. But reason must be thrown out of the window. Logic won't yield any results here.

Getting closer, I can see several rows of houses. This town might be more developed than I expected. Which probably means that it houses a healer of sorts. And perhaps a Guardhouse. And I don't read spider. Soooo... Yeah.
I'll have to sneak in... As sneaky as a Kirin can be.
But just as I try to near the town, on a roof, there appears a head that misfortunately looks straight at me. Maybe they felt me approaching?

"Look! Over there! It's a Kirin! Contact the Sammelsurium! We can't handle this on our own."

Well. Good news. I can avoid the sneaking part, and the guards can't handle me. Now the bad thing is that they have someone capable of dealing with a Kirin. Should I just run away? I didn't even get to search for any sort of healer.

"No. And there are no healers here in town that don't belong to the military or to the local security forces."

Cold.

I was practically immune to everything cold-related, but this coldness didn't have any sort of elemental or arcane origin. It was as if the Archdevils themselves were staring me down.
I slowly turn around. And what I see is filling with such disturbing, yet liberating emotions.
The woman who just talked to me wasn't an arachnid, but something poetically similar to what I had only thought about.
There was some sort of devil. At least what I could only think of as a devil.
No.
If I had to describe her, she would be a Queen of devils, so beautiful, yet terrifying was she.
And her demeanor and countenance told me that I probably just lost all "Getting away" privileges.