We are happy

As I approach their abode, I can hear voices from within. At least they're at home. I wouldn't want to make this journey again.

Well... I did not consider this.
How am I supposed to make myself known? I can't just kick in someone's door. Or can I? Nope. Not when I'm trying to come off as a friendly neighborhood horse dragon.
So. Should I just stand here until someone opens the door? Maybe I could go to one of the windows... But doesn't that also come off as a bit intrusive? Should I care? Maybe?
I could just kick some stones against the door! But let's restrain myself a bit. I wouldn't want to kill someone with it.
And it works perfectly... Almost. The first three stones get stuck in the door. But still better than the other options.
The door opens a bit.

...
...

"Hello?"

There, thank you.

[Good day, my friend.]

And he threw the door shut.
But why? When you ask for someone, it isn't unexpected to get an answer. Initially contacting someone, w telepathically may be a bit off-putting, to be fair.

[Excuse me, but are you the head of this family?]

He opens the door again.
Yeeeeees.

"Yes? Who are you?"

[You may come out. I won't hurt you.] Probably. Most likely.

"Not now. Daddy has to talk to someone. Ehh. Yes? Ok?"

Oh! How surprising. He is smaller than I expected. And a cat man. Not unsuspected, but still. Standing at circa 1.3 meters, a mix between a cat and a human stands there... nervously?
I couldn't have read his expression if it wasn't for the mental link.
His facial features were that of a cat. And most of his p... naked body... well you don't need any clothes in the woods, I guess. It is like that of a cat. Only upright. Disturbing. Even though I knew about their appearance from my mom.

[Good day. My name is Prophet. And I wanted to talk to you about something vital. Vital to my family and me, at least.]

His left eye twitched a little, but that seemed not too out of place for someone notice that is awake for both night and day during the end of the moon cycles. But why do I feel contempt from him?

"Ahh. Yes. Excuse me, but what leads you a majestic creature to our doorstep? We have very little. And we don't know about anything regarding the government here in Rairza. We are technically refugees from up north in eastern Thet."

[You don't have to concern yourself with any of that. I am here regarding my and a friend's interests. I've heard you and your family have a slight transformation issue?]

Shock. Well. I expected nothing else to be honest. Some horse turns up at your house and asks you about a curse that altered your whole family's life.

"But why?"

He fell on his behind, his tail whipping wildly.

"We haven't done anything wrong!"

[Yet.]

"And we won't. We already stuff our stomachs before turning, so that we aren't as bloodthirsty anymore, once we turn."

[Which doesn't solve our problem. The problem is that you are bloodthirsty. And my friend is defenseless against anything that can defend itself from mental attacks, ergo you.]

A child ran out of the hut and hugged his father's leg. Cute. And at the door, a human appeared. Hmm. Interracial relationships... You learn something new every day. But their little girl looked cute. The appearance of a human with cat ears, a tail fangs.