Remorse

Who would have thought? Carrying around a deer on your back isn't as easy as one would think. I have to balance it so that it doesn't fall off while I walk. I have to shoo away all the freeloaders, as they try to steal some of the meat. Yes, I am watching you, crows. The problem is that they're silent while approaching. And the smell... It was a bad idea to kill it so far away from the pond... I still have the scent of the werebears on me. Hopefully, this doesn't make any real bear horny or something. After being jumped by a naked demi-cat today, I don't feel like dealing with any such situation soon again.

And now this weird deer. It is a sight to behold. Its coloration is something new to me. It had an almost beige-colored, short fur, with almost dark brown squares on it. And it even had two little horns protruding from its head. But not large enough to call them antlers. Still. I am sure this is a deer and not a buck. But the weirdest thing, that also infuriates me the most about it is its two-meter long neck. But I won't chomp it off. That would waste way too much meat. I have suffered through killing a distant relative of mine. You stupid crows won't get any of it!
I get stuck every other minute while trying to maneuver through the underbrush. It is amazing how I went all this way already.

"Thwomp."

And it fell again.

*Sigh*

So anyway. I started pushing. My horns were pointy little nubs and were great for shoving the mega deer against trees. Which would be where I would lie down, to hoist the dear up onto my back slowly. Pushing it diagonally against the tree while standing up, allowed me to get it on my back. Hehehe. My prey!
This went on for about five more hours until I finally reached the clearing with a very fancy pond at its center. And a very naked nymph, cuddling with some adorable wolf cubs.

[Hey Valeria, could you help me getting clean? Or maybe even wash me?]

Her head shot around. She didn't notice me. Curious. But I don't care. I am frustrated, hungry again, and smell like a gang of werebears... well, I did just... whatever.

"Prophet! Did everything go well? And yes, I can help you with that."

[Thank you. I need a distraction right now. It was a tiring mid-day for me.]

?

Valeria grins at me. Did I say something funny?

"You just talked to me like an exhausted man, ordering around a prostitute. That's kind of cute."

[What's a prostitute?]

She looked at me for a moment. Her face is that of someone just having realized that they had done goofed. I know that face.

[Is that a curse word? I curse from time to time, so no problem with talking to the kid with those.]

"No... not really. Just something improper..."

[Ahh, come on. I killed a lot of animals today. And I don't even want to get started on the werebears.]

"And now were sounding like an old couple."

[Yeah, right. A Kirin and a Nymph. And we're both females. I'm sure this probably violates like all the rules of everything. And I'm a child. So no, thank you.]

"But you still want me to wash you?"

[This has nothing to do with that. And I brought you a deer.]

"A Girape."

[I don't care. As long as it tastes good. Can I just hop in, or do you need to move your babies or something?]

"No. Please just jump in. I don't want your smell to contaminate our home."

She pinched her nose shut. I can't blame her.
And hop. Oh? The pond perfectly fits my measurements. Height wise.
Valeria slips into the pond, actually keeping her legs.
And she starts to pour water onto my head.
Refreshing!

"Oof! Your forehead smells like... Something or other."

[The word you're looking for is "Penis".]

She stopped rubbing my forehead for a second and looked at me for about four or five seconds before continuing.

"So why exactly did... Actually... Your horns have grown... Did you?"

[Maybe...]

"Didn't they accept the offer?"

[Perhaps...]

"And then they just jumped at your face?"

[Mayhap...]

"Like rabid dogs, those werebears. I can't tell you how shocked I was, when they attacked me for the first time."

[Cats actually. Or cat. One and a half cats.]

She just looked at me confusedly.

[Long story short, they were an interracial couple with a daughter, fleeing from their country.]

She continued to give me a stare for a few seconds.

[Look. I do not enjoy this. I do not like executing happy families. It only so happened, that I killed two within my first day of living.]

"Wait a second. First day? As in first 50 hours of you living?... So you aren't the child of the empress... or rather... ehh? I don't get it."

[Oh. Yeah. Long story. No, actually. It's rather short.]

Should I just tell her? Well I already told her a out Caelus, when we first met... What could go wrong?

[You know the new boss of this region? My friend Caelus?]

"Ehhh... Yes? You mentioned a sky dragon?"

[Exactly. That sky dragon pieced me back together after I... died and talked to some weird guy.]

A blank stare. I didn't even think about the stuff that happened all day long.

"No wonder you're conscious about things dying around you. Your mother died and then you did. Only that you seemingly had more luck. I'm sorry, Prophet. That is... really fucked up."

She shakes her head. Then she goes through my mane with her slender fingers.
No, don't you cry now, Prophet! Keep it together for once!

[I know. But it doesn't make this whole thing easier for me, knowing that at this rate... I'll have slaughtered about 700 families... when I turn one year old.]

"You're crying."

[Maybe?]

"Don't be sad. I'll be here for you."

[Will you? Don't you fear that I might blow you up, as well? You have kids. Which technically makes you three a family. I'm a horrible person.]

"No you're not."

...

"And no. Because if you would want to destroy our family, you'd have to die again. And I won't let that happen."